Ch.3

2 weeks later-

I sat in math class listening to the overheads announcement about prom. I honestly could care less about it unless Marcel asked me, but I just really wanted the two months to fly by so I can could graduate and be off to Princeton and starting my life.

These few weeks have been amazing to say the least. Marcel actually started talking to me more, I've seen him get pushed around alot less and my dad has decided to visit me alot this week, which doesn't happen often.

The announcement was over and class started. I groaned and pulled out my math journal which contained my math homework for the week. The teacher proceeded to go over the answers and collected them from us.

"For this moment until your final exam we will be reviewing everything we've done this year. After every chapter in your math textbook there should be a chapter review test, do them all and if you think you're prepared for the exam, you can take it and be done with my class for the remainder of the year. If you have any questions ask me and good luck" Mr.Dean spoke to the class.

In truth, I already did the review. I had no life besides school and the work. And I really wanted a good score on the exam so I started ahead and practiced a lot. I was confident if I took the exam now.

I raised my hand, Mr.Dean looked at me and nodded, "Can I take the exam now sir?" I asked him. The class snickered around me, whispering nerd. I didn't care one bit because this "nerd" is going to one of the top schools in the nation and they're probably not even going to graduate.

"Sure Miss.Roberts, just bring me your review" He said, I grabbed my review and walked to him. He sat analyzing every problem before he dug through a pile of papers and handing me one.

"It's timed, you have fourty five minutes Miss.Roberts." he told me I nodded and turned around to head to my desk but ran face first into a hard chest.

I looked up and smiled sheeplisly at Marcel as he smiled down at me.

"I'll take it too Mr.Dean" Marcel spoke. Even Mr.Dean was shocked when he heard Marcel talk. Usually he was quiet during class, never muttered a word.

He handed Mr.Dean his review and stepped aside so I could make it to my seat. I thanked him and sat down.

The exam was nothing like I expected it. It was actually really easy and understanding, which is weird because I never comprehend math nor find it easy.

I stood up and gave my exam to the teacher with ten minutes to spare.

"I'll have it graded by the end of the class" he said and dismissed me. Marcel had already finished and gave Mr.Dean his exam about ten minutes after he started.

I sat back down at my seat and waited for the twenty minutes to fly by until class was out.

"Hey"

I turned around and looked at a tired looking Marcel. I pouted and pinched his cheeks, "Awe is my little Marcel sleepy?" I said in a baby voice

He slapped my hands away and rubbed his cheeks, "Yes I am, haven't been to sleep for two days" he stated.

"Why not?!" I asked digging through my bag

"Lots of work. Training for work with my dad" he said lifting his glasses and rubbing his sleepy eyes.

I finally found what I was looking for and passed it to him.

"What is it?" He asked taking it from my hands

"Its a red bull, I put it in a flask because we aren't allowed to have caffeine at school. But I always carry some with me." I said watching him examine the bright pink flask.

"Why do you need a red bull daily?" He asked taking a sip and sliding me back the flask

"Because some nights I just can't sleep, especially in a big house like mine. It gets scary and lonely" I said. I was ashamed and sad by my situation. Ashamed because my father didn't even want to stay home with me, now that he thinks work is more important than his only daughter. And sad because I can't do anything to change the life I live now. I'm falling deeper and deeper into depression and I don't know how to dig myself out.

"Don't worry it'll be over someday" he said taking my hand in his and gently stroking it. I liked the sparks that flew through my body.

I smiled and looked down.

"Miss.Roberts, Mr.Styles. Your exam" Mr.Dean becokened to us. We stood up from our seats and walked into to Mr.Dean.

I grabbed my test and looked at it.

"You sure this is mine?" I asked looking at the teacher then back at my test.

"Yep! Congratulations! A hundred out of a hundred for both of you." He stated not sounding too happy about it.

I did a little happy dance and hugged Marcel.

"No more math! Yay!" I cheered letting go of Marcel.

I looked at him, "Do you have anymore classes for the day?" I asked

He shook his head, I smiled and grabbed my stuff, "well come on, let's go!" I said excitedly!

"Where are we going?" He asked as we walked out of the school

"To sleep!" I said unlocking my car door. This was my most prized possession, it took me three years to save up and buy it. My dad offered to pay for it but I always had things handed to me and was getting tired of that, so I got a job at a daycare and payed for everything I needed.

"Together?" He asked looking surprised as ever.

I laughed, "Trying to get me into bed already Mr.Styles?" I teased him, "But sure if you want! I just want to sleep!" I said smiling at him and getting in my car, "You have your car?" I asked

He nodded, "Um, so your house or mine?" He asked

My eyes widened, I didn't think he was serious when he asked if we were going to sleep together!

But hey, why not? We are both sleepy, all we are going to do is sleep! Neither of us are that type.

"Your house?" I questioned

He nodded, "follow me" he spoke before he walked across the parking lot and to his car.

I started up my jeep and followed Marcel to his house.