27. THE TWELVE LABORS OF AKIRA

Start from the beginning

And there it was again. The sickening smell, the coarse smell of decay that made my nose burn.

Was it Inayat's decay I was smelling? 

Why did it get so strong all of a sudden?

Am I confusing two smells?

I looked at the sky to the sun shining brightly as ever. 

Odd, I shouldn't be making a mistake during Sol's hours.

I looked around to look for the source and instead what caught my eyes was Isolde.

Her panicked eyes that locked to mine were full of unshed tears.

Is she crying? Why?

Because of me? 

Of course not, fool, don't be so vain.

She tried to move her eyes downwards but her head remained in the same position. Maybe she was trying to signal downwards...

Wait, but why was she so unnaturally still? Did she hurt her legs on Cephas's vines ?

To check, I looked at her feet and my blood turned cold. To my shock, her legs were almost halfway wrapped by the vines.

How are they still alive? Did they resist Inayat's decaying?

The vines were a sickly green color with decay still on them. They looked like Zombies.

 Zombies? 

Necromancy!

At that moment, I don't know what it was that finally helped to call out the piece of the divine in me. It was probably the midgets pleading eyes or the thought of forbidden magic entering Azura's holy territories that finally snapped my full concentration in place.

My palm burnt like that day when Sol's fire had touched me for a moment; when his rays blinded my mortal vision and the magic flew through my veins.

Towards the hilt with no sword held in my hands. It came alive in a fiery form. The fire weapon roared to life and took the form of a thin sword, its red flames like dawn sky.

I did it! Now, I wasn't a sun-forged in name only, I was the real deal.

And with a renewed confidence I lifted my sword to the side and swung it towards Isolde's feet with the precision I learned from my God father.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GKOSSARY

*Necromancy: The practice of magic involving communication with the dead – either by summoning their spirits as apparitions , or raising them bodily.

*Lernaean Hydra: Often known simply as the Hydra, is a serpentine water monster in Greek  and Roman Mythology. The mythical hero Heracles or Hercules fought this monster during his quest to fulfill 12 labors. Said monster possesses many head, exact number unknown but is said to regrow two heads for each head cut off.

It was defeated by Hercules using a fire sword.

Do you guys see the connection? haha. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you love this chapter. Please remember to vote and leave loads of comments.