23. SNOW WHITE AND THE SEVEN SWEATERS

Akira's POV

Akira's POV

Respect is very hard to earn. People do a lot to earn it. Great things, unthinkable things.

So does throwing up on my bonsai after too much drinking count among them?

What about snoring off on my couch after getting kicked out of home?

Flirting with my aunt?

Giving high blood pressure to my grandfather?

because if so, then I hold great respect for the man sitting in the front of the room reading, what I'm assuming, is a very cheap romance novel given by the half-naked woman on its cover.

Inayat Baig, my father's most prized protégé, was on detention duty today. And I'm truly astounded at his ability to look like he's having the time of his life when we were slaving away.

He was making us label urine samples of magical creatures for pharmacy class.

They smelled awful!

Eboni looked ready to throw up any moment.

Naeem was trying to throw an open bottle at Louis.

"What are you doing, you snake?" Louis's shout did little to disturb Inayat out of his diligent reading.

"That was for ruining my hair this morning." As usual Naeem's reasons were stupid.

"I saved you from getting nicknamed "Sir Oilington" again!"

Oh god, that nickname again. Slicked back hair suites a lot of people but definitely not Naeem. He looked like a wet weasel.

"You still messed up two hours of my hard work. So you deserve some kelpie pee"

"You're so petty."

"Damn right I'm pretty"

"I said petty, slimy snake."

Great, now they were arguing again.

Lord give me patience or a sharp dagger, whichever you prefer.

I'm never getting detention again.

"Stop fighting you two! If those two substance mix, there will be sleeping vapour in this room, You two know that, right?" Kishar tried to stop the fighting.

"Of course, we knew that. Any idiot would know that," Louis said trying to get the jars away from each other.

"I knew that," Naeem added.

"My point exactly."

"Hey, what's going on over there?" Inayat's loud voice broke their argument.

"Nothing, sir," Eboni answered before Naeem can make the situation any worse with a stupid remark.

Eboni looked close to crying now.