But for a moment you shook your head, remembering that in fact, you were not that beautiful. Yes, you heard what your sister's friends said and you were sure Chan heard it.

Being a beautiful woman after his mum, that was a high 'position' for you, for someone like you. You didn't deserve a place like that,

and you didn't want pity from anyone.

"Oh, I'm not beautiful, really. You don't have to lie like that. I-"

"I never lie just to compliment people. And I will praise if that person deserves to be praised."

You immediately turned your face the other way, trying to avoid replying to him. You breathed a sigh of relief when the little puppy, who always came to the cafe every day, ran towards you. You quickly crouched down and played with him laughing. At least you have a reason not to reply.

Chan, who knew you were trying to dodge, crouched beside you. Seeing your laughing face made his heart very peaceful.

"Y/n,"

"Y-yes?" you said nervously, trying to keep your eyes on the puppy in your hand.

"Please look into my eyes, just for a second."

Slowly you looked at him, trying hard to be able to meet his beautiful eyes. Chan put his right hand on your right cheek and caressed it gently,

"Keep smiling,

Even though not everyone can make you laugh.

Keep laughing,

Even though this world will never be as beautiful as heaven.

Even though I won't be able to give you heaven,

I want to make sure you're happy."

.

.

.

I lost Y/n, I lost.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Why did you take so long to come?"

The man laughed as he walked leisurely, approached Chan who was sitting at a table with an annoyed look. From the glass of his drink that was still a little left, it was clear that he had been waiting for the man to come for a long time.

"Sorry, I have some business to attend to. Oh, how about Y/n?"

Chan took a deep breath then gulped down his drink until there was nothing left. Okay, he's a bit nervous right now. It had been a long time since he chatted about women with his friend.

The last one was 3 years ago,

about his noona.

"I lost, Alex."

"Huh- what do you mean?"

"The bet, I lost the bet."

Alex nodded, then smiled happily. Less than three months, even just three weeks Chan had given up.

Without answering anything, Alex then called a waiter and ordered the most expensive wine in that bar. Until the wine came, he still didn't say anything.

"That woman is stubborn, huh?" said Alex as he poured the wine into Chan's glass and his own.

Chan nodded, agreeing with Alex's words because he was true. You were stubborn, even though he knew that your heart was not as stubborn as your mind.

Chan took a sip of the wine slowly, then pulled out an envelope from his leather jacket pocket. He handed it to Alex, containing a check for 5000 USD.

Alex took the envelope and opened it. He smiled then gave it back to Chan, made Chan furrow his brows in confusion.

"I'm not interested in this anymore."

"Then what do you want? Just say it quickly."

"Wedding invitation."

His request of course made Chan confused. Yes, Alex did surprise him by asking for a wedding invitation.

What did he mean ?

"Wedding invitation? Who's getting married?"

"You. You and Y/n.

You lost the bet not because she's not in love with you,

but because you're the one who fell in love with her, right?"

Alex stood up, straightened his coat and then patted Chan's shoulder. He then walked out of there, leaving Chan who was still shocked at his completely true statement.

Chan poured more wine into his own glass and the glass in front of him that the owner had just left. He then smiled after finally knowing what Alex meant.

Like Changbin, Alex also knew him well. Even since childhood, that man helped him a lot in a rather strange way. Strange, but that's the right way to keep Chan from getting lost again.

"He's really something. Apparently from the beginning this was not a bet, he did intend to introduce me to Y/n.

Sometimes I have to treat him to more expensive wine as a thank you."

-

To be continued.