Chapter 13: Dare Night

Sorry the update took so long, but i promise you the extra long chapter and the ending will be well worth the wait.  EnjoyI

Kayla's P.O.V.

The doorbell rang. 

It was Saturday night, Jake and I had won our game earlier that morning and Paige and I were having another movie night.  We were still undefeated after 10 matches and I couldn’t help but anticipate the championship game.  We were so close and the prize money, I needed that prize money and I knew Jake did too, but I wasn’t sure why.

               The doorbell rang a second time.

               My idiot best friend started doing sommer saults across the living room and peeking out the window like a spy.  She gave me a confused look then opened the door. 

               There was no one there.

               She bent down, picked up a note, and squealed.

               “No way!  Its tonight!  I can’t believe it.  I have been waiting for this day since freshman year” Paige was jumping up and down waving the note in the air so I couldn’t grab it.

               “What is it?” I tackled her trying to get the note.  It read.

               Attention all Ridgemont High School seniors.  The day you’ve been waiting for is here.  It is Dare Night.  If you plan on participating be on the football field at 8pm where you will receive your teams.

               -Your Senior Student Section Leaders

               I looked at Paige in shock.  Dare Night had arrived early this year, I wasn’t expecting it until October.  We grabbed our coats and headed to school.  Thankfully my mom was home that night so we didn’t have to worry about Charlotte.

               We had to fight our way through the crowd of seniors to get to a spot where we could see the student section leader Greg Barrett.

               “Alright Seniors.  The night you have all been waiting for is here.  The teams are going to be smaller this year because of the types of dares.  You will be in teams of two instead of three and you must have one guy and one girl on each team.  Go onto the student section twitter to find the dare list.  You must take pictures of all completed dares and send them to me on Snapchat to get credit.  The team with the most dares completed by midnight wins.  The prize will be announced then.  Your time starts now” As soon as he finished chaos erupted as people tried to find teams.  The teams had always been threes before with no gender rules so everyone was frantically trying to find new teams.

               I looked at Paige and saw her talking to Tyler.  Typical, I should have known Paige would have no problem finding a guy to be her partner, every guy liked Paige.