Chapter 14 - A trail of kisses

E M B E R

"Eret..." I groan.

"Are you serious?!? Nathan was there! Na-than! Do you know who that is?!"

"I--"

"And Scott! And Darcy! Even Rageclaw! Are you trying do get yourself killed?!?"

"No."

I'm at the academy with the riders, and I told them about my trip to my island Byte...and Eret is not happy. For like...three reasons.

"Why did you engage them?! They are trained to kill people!"

Reason number one.

"And you didn't even bother to tell me...to tell anyone where you were!"

Reason number two.

"And not to mention the fact you took Ruthless! She's a Night Fury! Something could of happened because of that!!"

And number three.

"Eret--"

"No! Are you trying to get yourself killed Ember?! What a stupid, stupid decision."

I flinch.

"Only an idiot would do that!!!"

I look away from him.

Yeah, it was a stupid idea. I know where he's coming from. But does he have to get mad in front of everyone?

"I'm sorry..."

"Sorry? SORRY?!?! EMBER! I was so worried about you! You are so stupid and childish sometimes! I can't--"

A fist slams into Eret's jaw, and he flies back, hitting the ground, out cold.

I stand here, my mouth hanging open.

Hiccup stands over him, muscles tense with his hands in fists.

He..he just...he just punched Eret.

"Hiccup!" I say, running to Eret. "Why did you do that? He was just mad because he cares."

Astrid and the others stare wide eyed at Hiccup.

"I know" he grits.

He turns, walking out of the academy with tense arms. Toothless goes to chase after him, but I put my hand on his shoulder, stopping him.

"Let him...let him just let off some steam" I sigh.

But what was that?

••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••~•~••

H I C C U P

"No" I say, taking the sword off of the little girl. Ester her name is. "We don't try to actually kill each other. Use the wooden swords for that."

"Awwww!" she wines. "But then they won't get hurt!"

"They might get bruises."

A devilish grin spreads across her face and she flutters her brown eyes. "Okay. Wooden swords it is then."

She runs off, her black curls bouncing on her shoulders as she makes it to the sword shop.

"Why thank you" says someone and they take the sword from my hands.

"Astrid" I say, taking it off her. "Why would you need a sword?"

She smiles innocently. "Oh, you know, for killing my enemies."