---Training Video 2---

--Training Video 2 for S.S. Delaney Crew

--Message recorded 1-23-2054.

--Uploaded to S.S. Delaney on 1-10-2072.

<FOR CREW EYES ONLY>

The second video in this series will discuss the dura-chamber technology, to include FAQ's and common myths. Understanding this relatively new technology may ease anxiety among crew members.

The purpose of a dura-chamber is to enable extended life-support for crew members. This creates greater opportunity for prolonged trips that require years of crew service.

F.A.Q.'s

What exactly is a dura-chamber?

Dura-chambers are comprised of particle curtains (or molecular barriers), while also using dura-fluid to safely encase crew members for extended life support.

How does a dura-chamber work?

Crew members will use the provided straps and harnesses before the particle curtain descends. Once the crew member is properly strapped in, the curtain is positioned to allow the dura-fluid to fill up the chamber.

What is dura-fluid?

It is a combination of biological and nanotechnology which allows dura-chamber inhabitants the ability to breathe, while also serving as a sleep-aid and form of extended life support. Patent-pending via The Institute and Co.

What does "extended life support" mean?

This is the formal term for suspended animation.

What happens if part of my arm or leg falls out of the particle curtain?

As the chamber extends life, anything outside of the particle curtain is at risk of exposure, such as aging, disease, or injury. This may be avoided if straps are properly maintained before particle curtains descend. Please see figure 1 and 2 for more information.

Common Myths

Dura-Fluid Freezes Your Body

False. Dura-fluid maintains a temperature of 70 degrees. This is lower than standard body temperature, but is well above freezing temperatures.

Dura-Fluid Will Make Me Old

No. Essentially, once encased in dura-fluid, users will cease to age, as their biological selves will be "frozen" by the fluid.

Dura-Fluid Gives You Nightmares

Though it is true dura-fluid has negatively impacted some, most users report a replay of positive memories or a dreamless state.

Dura-Chambers Scan My Brain and Keep My Memories

False. Dura-chambers may scan users to alert Control of health issues or mental distress. During these scans, distorted images (i.e. memories) may be imparted, but these are the property of said user, and will not be stored or used in future disciplinary proceedings.

-----------

The following simulation will mimic a dura-chamber immersion. Please look directly at the interface to avoid restarting.

Now, relax, and remain as still as possible.