“I’m fine” I cut Aisha off

I didn’t want to think about my injuries from the car night. That had been a crappy night for everyone. Miguel didn’t listen to Hawk, and just kept going with the punches.

“Hey, don’t even bother” I mumbled “he’s been super agro ever since the breakup”

“Well- where’s sensei? The tournament’s gonna start soon” 

“He’ll be here” Aisha assured

“I don’t know about that” Bert spoke up

“What are you talking about?” 

“I saw him last night at the mini-mall, I was buying… a carton of milk” definitely wasn’t milk “when I heard him in the parking lot yelling, he was drunk and pissing on some dudes car”

“Oh jesus, can I stay at your house?” I groaned, leaning my head on Hawks shoulder

“I would let you if my mom was okay with it,” Eli cringed.

“Why didn’t you tell us earlier?” Aisha exclaimed

“I don’t know, I guess I’m just so used to seeing him drunk it didn’t seem like that big of a deal” Bert shrugged

“Amen to that” I muttered

“Hey, can you get your head in the game please?” Aisha nudged me

“I am in the game Aisha” I sighed “Bert’s right, this is normal everyday shit”

“Yeah but we’re here and he’s not. So it’s officially a big deal” Hawk got defensive “What if something happened to him?”

“Like what?”

“I dunno like- he drove his car off a cliff, or bought a gun and blew his brains out” Hawk ranted

“Thanks for that” I groaned, digging my head further into his shoulder

“No sensei would never kill himself. That’s too pussy a move” Aisha assured

“She’s got a point” I mumbled

“Whatever. I mean we’re here, we’re gonna have to do it without him”

“Do what without me?”

We all spun around seeing my dad walk up. I never thought I’d say this but, thank god he’s here.

“Hey dad” I grinned

“We didn’t think you were gonna show up” Hawk admitted

“I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight” dad assured

“Alright, let’s sign up” Miguel said impatiently

“Not yet” Dad stopped us “There’s one more lesson I have to teach you-”

“Sir, we’re ready to move your group inside now” a lady game up to us

My dad sighed, we all held back laughter. After we got inside and signed up, dad gave us his inspirational speech.

“You’ve all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers” he walked around inside the circle we had created “I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do… But I haven’t taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. No mercy”

“Ah yes, my least favorite rule” I nodded

“Harley don’t make me make you do push ups in front of everyone” my dad pointed a finger at me “The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn’t fair” he turned back to everyone “You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth” my dad everybody, king of inspiration “You get an F on a test, you get suspended… you fall in love with a girl, and some other dude some and steals her away”

“Car gets set on fire?” I smirked

“Yes, definitely that” dad pointed at me again “Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart, that’s how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win!” he’s better at this then I thought “Remember who you are. You’re badass! You don’t give a shit! You kick ass! You’re Cobra Kai”

“Cobra Kai!” Miguel shouted

We all cheered along with him. We were pumped up.

“Alright guys let’s get down there and kick the shit out over everybody!”

“Yeah!”

Miguel reached into his backpack pulling out his gi.

“No” dad stopped him “You’re not wearing those”

I smirked. I saw the old robes in the washing machine this morning. This is gonna be fucking awesome!

-'|'-'|'-'|'-

I'm scared y'all might hate me for the next chapter but we'll see what happens