Chapter XXIX: Overwhelmed

Start from the beginning

I whipped my neck so fast that I might have sprained it. And the scene infront was what made me calm. Gashmir's hardened glare, jaw clenched, was a sight to sore eyes. He wasn't doing any justice to that beautiful face. But who am I to tell?!

I crossed my arms over my chest, tilted my head as I fixed my eyes on Gashmir, "so," I drawled saying, "you are saying this was him, huh?!"

Sakash got interrupted as Kanan hollered, "All set to go guys. What's up bro?" He threw his hands over Gashmir's shoulder as he turned to greet me.

"Hey Ke___ya," he drawled looking at an extra company. Unsure, he looked between us three before asking, "you aren't ditching us, are you?!"

I huffed. As if I could. "I will be waiting at the parking," with that said I left them.

☆☆☆

If I had known before that two witches were occupying the parking area I wouldn't have opted to wait here. As I said if I had known before. 

"I was booking a hotel but then he said it's unnecessary. I can spend my night at his. Can you believe it?! He offered himself." Era exaggerated. She was telling as if they were the only people when he offered her to spend the night. I scoffed inwardly, as if Sid and Yuvaan bro didn't live there. For god sake she could say that she spent the night at her brother's apartment but no she has to exaggerate it infront of me. Don't I know these tricks?!

"Ofcourse babes, who would let that opportunity slip. Sid was home for today's presentations," after I heard Shesha I crossed my fingers to think of the best. It can't be true. They can't be alone. Siddhartha has to be there. 

Her words felt as if my worst nightmare had come true, "Yuvaan went to the studio for some editing issues."

I cringe thinking of the execrable things that have happened last night. When we were married that jerk never offered me to stay with him. Does that mean they are a couple now?! Why am I that pissed if they are?! Not that we will have any chance together. 

However, the heart doesn't understand things.

When the boys entered the parking lot I marched upto Kanan and put my palm infront asking for keys. Mostly due the wrath in my eyes he didn't peev me, also placed the keys on my palm. I grabbed them wordless then marched down towards his car, settled on the driver seat. 

I rolled down the window, peeped out to ask, "what are you waiting for?! Get in."

He looked shocked by my sudden outburst but didn't say anything. He does as I say. These days he was on the receiving end of those mood swings. However, I never hear him complain as if he knows what's on my mind and follows through with that. He had no clue how grateful I was to him. And I have no intentions to boost the jerk's ego.

☆☆☆

Drive to Puri mansion wasn't long, we reached there within forty five minutes exactly. The drive was silent, Kanan didn't initiate any talk neither do I. That helped me calm down and I was glad to have him again.

But what I wasn't expecting was the thing before. A whole family. Not the Puri family, obviously they will be there, it's their mansion. However, the Jha family surprised me with their presence. I had known that Mr. and Mrs. Jha will be there but Uncle, Aunt, cousins, their children and who not were there too.