Chapter XIX: Slip Ups

Waking into not so unfamiliar surroundings which wasn't my hostel room should have scared me. But no, it didn't. Cause I knew where I was. I remember yesterday's clubbing. My dance with that good-looking stranger. And Gashmir's taking me to his flat. Also, I told him I missed him while snuggling on his back when he gave me a piggyback ride. Again, where was my mind when I was enthralling him yesterday?!

Burying my face into the pillow, I groaned. Ugh! How do I face him now?! I blame that magical water thingy. Sober me wouldn't have told Gashmir about missing him.

Dwelling on my yesterday night's royal behavior I sucked a breath before jumping out of the bed. Woah! Shouldn't there be a floor beneath?! Why do my feet feel like they are hanging in the air?! Or was it that my head became so heavy that my feet felt light?! What's happening here?!

I somehow managed to drag myself out. I slumped on the living room couch beside whom I thought to be Gashmir. My eyes were still closed as I rubbed them vigorously to kick away the heaviness in them.

I'm hating myself for doing what I did last night cause it's giving me a freaking headache. Also, I couldn't enjoy the cricket match on the TV. Although it's a repeat. But, well, what can one say, cricket is love after all and IPL is heart.

Hearing the commentary it looks like a rerun of RCB vs MI. Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli, intense, isn't it?! The question is why would Gashmir have recordings of it?! Moreover he was so engaged in it that he didn't even notice me. Also, he didn't comment on anything after my recent trip to the club.

Ceasing my not so comforting massage, I peeked an eye open and did a double take. My heart sank into the pit of my stomach as I stared at the person beside. My breathing becomes shallow as if I almost don't want him to hear it. Pursing my lips, I ducked my head and slipped out in the most silent way I could. Not to get noticed I tiptoed to Gashmir's room assuming him to be there.

Relieved washed over me as soon as my secret husband came into view. I ran over to him terrified. One second he was lying on his bed and next he sat up to warn me about his bed fetish. But I was far too not in mind to be concerned.

"Gash__ Gashmir___" I tried to say but ran out of breath.

He didn't say anything, taking my serious tone and frantic expressions. I sat next to him on his bed. Cocking a brow, he waited for me to explode. And I did. "Sidd___ Siddhartha was there. I didn't know. I thought it was you. Didn't you live alone?! I saw him on your couch outside. I think he didn't see me. I made sure to escape before he could." I explained in one go.

Siddhartha Puri, Gashmir's friend, was the one I mistook for him. Shouldn't he have made sure to not invite his friends when I'm here. Rather, he shouldn't have taken me here if his friends were here. How can he act this careless?!

I only hope as I explained to Gashmir to be gone unnoticed by Sid. Otherwise, the heavens save me from this devil of my husband's wrath. Not that I was at fault. Totally.

Silence engulfed the room as Gashmir took my words. So, that's what it felt like. Silence before the storm. Ticking, unnerving, daunting the shit out of you. I don't feel like experiencing it again. Seconds passed by but not Gashmir's silence.

"So?!" He anticipated. Wow, after taking that much time he only threw a word, calmly. Like it's nothing. And here I expected my death threat from him. Why did I expect too much from him?! Always.

"So?!" I exclaimed. Now that it was his fault he was so-ing me. He might have forgotten that his friend was here when he brought me to his flat, it was the only reason for his calmness. And I won't let it go easily. "Gashmir, did you even listen to what I just said?! I saw him, your friend in your living room."

"The way she behaved I thought it was some ghost." He muttered but I heard it clearly, because of our close distance. And he knows too. Cause when I was about to retort, he didn't let me speak, cutting me off.

He rolled his eyes carelessly, "the way you act so dramatically. Why don't you join me in my acting career? You'll do better than some of those actresses who don't know what acting was. I'll suggest your name. What do you say?!"

I scowl at his useless advice. Is he drunk?! I thought it was I who drank that water like thingy and not him. Or did he have one or two?!

"Are you telling me you're cool having me around when your friend is here?!" I asked suspiciously. He shrugged nonchalantly. His expressions were also not helping giving his thoughts. As it were as blank as white paper. Wasn't he becoming more surprising?!

Narrowing my eyes at his strangeness, I dug further, "what would you explain?! That we are secretly married." I added sarcastically.

This time he did smirk. Aah! Totally unexpected. Ugh!! Nobody could see it, but internally I was pulling my hair out. What's wrong with this man today?! He should have lashed out till now.

"No." Gashmir answered, making me more restless now. "I__," he began slowly as I heard like it was the only interesting thing in the world. Well__ in my defense it was depending on the situation. Cause believe me when it comes to our secret marriage exposure thingy, Gashmir doesn't behave this calmly.

"I will tell him that you are one of the girls I brought with me." He finished.

My mouth formed an O as I didn't get the meaning hidden behind his words. But as soon as it hit me my jaw touched the ground. My left eye stank as my lips were pressed tightly against each other. Did he just__ just?! No. He did not just call me one of his__ his.

But one glance at him has all my answers. That conceited opinionated self-centred mind full of himself, twat.

Before I knew it I caught myself launching at him. We both fell into his bed, I, on top and he was under me. "Gashmir, you bastard."

Hitting him on his chest didn't give me satisfaction of being called as one of his hook ups. That brat really confessed to introducing me to his friends as his hook up. His own wife. Secret or not.

The room echoed with his rich laughter as I hit him. And he let me. In between his laughs, he cried, "come on, you are no fun."

"But you are. A jerk," I complained. "I mean we didn't even hook up once," surprisingly the words left my mouth before I knew it.

Gashmir caught both my wrists before turning us upside down. Now he was on top and I was under him. My eyes wide as I realize him hearing what I muttered earlier. Was I loud enough for him?! God, that would be so humiliating. It wasn't supposed to be meant for anyone to listen.

Gashmir was about to say something when someone interfered, in a bored tone "marriage and married people doesn't make sense to me. They hide it from the world and do the deeds in the bedroom."

"Dude, I thought you weren't into her."

A/n: So, the question is,
What do you people prefer reading on wattpad?! Completed book or ongoing book?!