4. DOG ON THE LOOSE

Start from the beginning

"That's not entirely true." Taehyung's eyes meet Jimin's, full of authenticity. "I'm here. I'll always be here. I know I'm just a coworker--"

"You aren't just a coworker, Tae," Jimin interjects. "You're my friend, yeah? My best friend." The violet-haired boy smiles in response, taking a happy sip from his smoothie.

"Well you said it. I won't disagree." Jimin shakes his head fondly, letting out a small chuckle at Taehyung's behaviour.

For the rest of their visit at the café, they talk about a bunch of different things, ranging from stories at work to things happening outside of it. It seems that Taehyung tries to steer the topic of conversation away from ex-boyfriends and anything else that meets the same level of tribulation.

When Taehyung runs to the bathroom, Jimin pulls his phone out of his hoodie pocket. He shuffles through all of his dating apps, looking for suitable candidates. It doesn't come to his surprise when he finds Ryung on almost all of them, even though he's in a relationship with a girl. He's so shameless and manipulative to the point Jimin's blood boils. The next time he sees the girl that he's dating, he's going to tell her.

"More dating apps? Why don't you ever find someone organically?" Taehyung sits himself down, resting his chin in his palm. There's a playful glint in his eyes, just as present as the sweetness that always lingers.

"Organically?" Jimin questions with a distasteful nose scrunch. "You sound like one of those losers from Love Island. Besides, I find a lot of people at the club. I'm allowed to do it both ways," he argues.

"Love Island is actually entertaining. Leave me alone." Taehyung's eyes narrow but no later than a few seconds do they soften. "But that's not the point. Of course you can do it both ways. I'm not one to judge - oh wait, what about that hot guy?" he asks hurriedly, excitement bubbling over.

It's hard to be frustrated with Taehyung when he looks every part of an excitable golden retriever puppy. If Jimin didn't know any better, he'd think he has ears hidden underneath his soft purple hair.

"What hot guy? I've slept with a lot of them," Jimin points out flatly.

Letting out a disgruntled whine, Taehyung slides out of his side of the booth and into Jimin's. "You know exactly which hot guy I'm talking about. And you and I both know we've never seen anyone as hot as him. Like... he was daddy hot," he swoons, clutching onto the blond's arm.

Jimin rolls his eyes, pulling his arm out of Taehyung's grasp. He knows exactly who the latter is talking about but he wants to do everything in his power to steer away from the topic. "I sleep with a lot of daddy hot people."

"Just stop," Taehyung drawls, falling against the back of the booth lifelessly. "He was so fucking hot, Jimin. Like if you don't sleep with him, I will." At these words, the blond goes completely silent, staring at his notebook.

"Oh my gosh," the boy starts, turning his body to face Jimin. "You already slept with him. You guys fucked!" The blond frets, closing his hand over Taehyung's mouth.

"Keep your voice down, Taehyung. Yes, okay. I slept with him. Are you happy now?" Jimin can feel Taehyung's smile grow beneath his hand. He lowers it when the boy nods his head.

"Details. Give me the details, I need all of them--"

"You really don't." Jimin closes his notebook and grabs his coffee. He looks at Taehyung expectantly, waiting for him to move. "Tae, get out of the way."

Taehyung crosses his arms. "No. I'm not moving until you spill. Seriously, I wish I was as hot as you."

Jimin sighs, sliding his hand down his face. "I'll spill. But not here. Let's go outside first. Not everyone in the café needs to know about my sex life."