Zhan had finished extracting the fingerprints from the sample he had collected and had submitted it to the government website for cross-reference on who's fingerprint that sample had to. Zhan closed the lab and walked down the empty corridors because it was already late in the evening. Sure, the mornings at the university were frantic and hectic. However, as night fell, the place was nearly deserted. As Zhan walked, he called out to Yibo from his cell, "Has he already gone to his dorm?" Zhan muttered something to himself. In any case, he decided to check out the computer science department.

The guy from this morning saw Zhan walk by the department. He was about to leave but as he noticed Zhan, he called him out " Senior~ " because Zhan was a year senior to him, he called him out in that manner. Zhan remembered the guy from that morning when he looked at him. "Are you here to see Yibo?" Zhan nodded as the man inquired. He gave Zhan a friendly smile. "Well, he's still in the security room, you can see him there." Zhan nodded and quickly walked over to the security room, thanking the guy. Zhan called Yibo's name as he knocked on the closed door of the security room. "Yibo! Are you here?" Zhan asked, he knocked on the door once more calling his name, "Yibo!" but this time the door opened slightly as he knocked.

"Did he forget to lock?" Zhan said as he shut the door behind him. Yibo was sound asleep with his head resting on the desk, he noticed as he looked around. As he sat beside him, Zhan smiled and drew a chair closer to his. He pushed a strand of hair away from his face and smiled, looking at Yibo, who was sleeping. "No wonder I fell for you~"  he mumbled softly, running his finger across Yibo's face. Yibo had been awakened by the action, and Zhan sat up straight, maintaining his poker face once more. Yibo awoke and rubbed his eyes, "Oh, did I fall asleep?" Yibo asked to which Zhan hummed.

" How are you doing?" Zhan inquired as Yibo shook his head, "I don't know, the pixels are damaged, seems like someone tried to erase the footage on purpose, I'm working on it, might take three to four days," Yibo said while rubbing his eyes as he felt it itch. " What is your current progress ?" Yibo inquired, still rubbing his eyes, and Zhan shrugged, "I'm done, I just have to wait for the official results." Yibo smiled "At least one of us is onto something," Yibo said with a smile. Zhan sighed as he rummaged through his bag, seeing Yibo constantly rub his eyes. After a few moments, he took out a small bottle of eyedrops. "Here~" he said as he handed it to Yibo.

Yibo smiled as he looked at it, saying, "Hey, how do you know I use this brand? You won't believe it, but I've been using it since high school, after someone started leaving me this eye drop..." Zhan took the bottle from Yibo, opened his eyes wide, and placed two drops of it inside Yibo's eyes before he could finish his sentence. Yibo was taken aback by Zhan's actions. "You talk too much," Zhan said as he kept the eye drops on the table. Yibo laughed, "You know, you have a weird way of expressing affection, but thank you." Yibo closed his eyes and smiled.

"Zhan" Yibo called him while his eyes were still closed, and Zhan responded with a hum, "Do you think I'm unlovable?" Yibo inquired, his voice sad. Zhan smiled at him and said, "No, you're not, why did you ask?" Yibo shrugged, "No, it's just that everyone I liked didn't like me back, and no matter how hard I tried, I kept failing." Zhan sighed and patted his shoulder, "Perhaps... You're looking in the wrong direction." Yibo nodded, adjusting himself in the chair, " Thank you" Yibo said to which Zhan asked, "Why?" Zhan inquired, "I don't know, felt like saying it." Yibo replied, his head resting on the back of the chair.

An hour later...

"Are you sure you can go home by yourself?" Yibo and Zhan were walking side by side back home after their attempts to solve the case, and Yibo was worried about Zhan because it was getting late and dark outside. Zhan nodded, dangling the keys in front of Yibo's face, "I have a car," he said. Yibo asked Zhan, "How about you?" Yibo inquired in a vague manner, perplexing Zhan. "What about me?" he inquired back.

"I just realized I don't know much about you," he said, looking at Zhan. "Well, I don't have much to say about myself." Yibo laughed as Zhan replied, "Aye~ there must be something, the girls sure like you for something, if there isn't anything interesting about you, the girls won't like you." Zhan shrugged as he looked at him, "Honestly, I don't know why girls like me? I'm not even interested in anyone; I'm just here to pursue my dream of becoming a forensic scientist, while also pursuing another small dream of mine, to which I'm kinda attached right now," Zhan smiled.

Yibo smirked at him and nudged him. "I see you like someone; who is it?" Zhan was actually surprised Yibo had figured it out. But Yibo was oblivious to the fact that the one Zhan liked was Yibo himself. " I..." Zhan was about to say something but Yibo screamed " CAREFUL!" just as he was about to say something. Yibo pulled Zhan aside because a speeding car was about to hit him, but in the process, the car splashed the dirty water on the road onto Yibo's shirt. "UGH!" Yibo wriggled in disgust as his shirt became completely soaked in dirty water. Yibo made a poker face as Zhan laughed. "I rescued you, and you're laughing at me?" Zhan laughed "You could have told me to move over, why did you save me in such a dramatic way?" Zhan continued to laugh. There was a brief pause before the two of them burst out laughing.

" Fine~ " Zhan looked at Yibo while checking the time on his phone, "When do the gates of the dorm room close?" Yibo said, trying to dust off the dirty water from his shirt. "Nine p.m, Why do you ask ?" Zhan inquired. Zhan took out his phone and showed it to Yibo, saying, "It's already nine thirty." Yibo threw his hands up in surrender, exclaiming, "Today is such a bad day for me!" Zhan smiled, "You can stay with me today, if you want," Zhan suggested, and Yibo began to consider. " Okay~," he said cheerfully as the two of them walked to Zhan's car. Zhan remembered something else as Yibo was getting into the car "Oh, and we have to get dinner." Yibo hummed, as Zhan started the car.

***

To Be Continued ...