Y/N sprinted off. Baji's eyes widened slightly before he chased after her. He had to admit, she was fast.

Baji sped up, reaching out to grab Y/N's shirt. She screamed as he pulled her back.

"Hey! No fair!" She shouted. Baji just grinned.

Y/N huffed as she reached the top of the hill a second after Baji. She frowned, knowing she had lost.

"Hey, Y/N, come over here." The ravenette beckoned her over to a small wooden bench. She sat down next to him, panting lightly. "Look at the view," Baji said, pointing down at the festival.

Y/N followed his gaze, jaw almost going slack. It was breathtaking.

Slowly, Baji intertwined his fingers with Y/N's. She glanced at him but made no moves to pull away.

"It really is better up here," Y/N mumbled.

"Hey, Y/N, do you know how to ballroom dance?" Baji asked out of the blue.

"Huh? Um, somewhat?" Her statement came out as more of a question, "Why?"

Baji didn't need to answer that as music from the festival began playing, reaching the top of the hill and the two teenagers. From the sounds of it, it was a cover band singing 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran but in Japanese.

Baji hopped up, outstretching his other hand. Y/N gazed at it warily.

"Don't worry, I won't pull you down like last time." He reassured her. Slowly, Y/N reached for it.

She stood up, flinched when Baji placed a hand on her waist.

"Sorry, am I making you uncomfortable?" Baji asked.

"No," Y/N quietly murmured, "It's fine."

"Okay. Place your left hand on my shoulder." Baji said. Y/N did as she was told.

"Did you take a class in ballroom dancing or something?" Y/N asked as Baji swayed along with the music.

"As a matter of fact, I did," He stated proudly, "My mom wanted me to learn how to waltz in case I ever needed it to charm a girl. I don't know what her motive was. I danced with Draken once. He did not like that. Mikey even made him wear a dress." Y/N tilted her head to the side.

"Who's... Draken? Is he the tall one that Manjiro hangs around with?" Y/N asked. Baji nodded.

"Say, how do you know Mikey?" The black-haired boy questioned, "You guys childhood friends?"

"Yeah, we were. But then an accident happened and I was sent away. I never saw him again until I returned here. The mall was the first place I saw him again. But, ever since then, he doesn't seem to show an interest in becoming friends. So, I've been ignoring him and he does the same." Y/N shrugged, "It's not a big deal though. I can make more friends." Baji just hummed.

"He misses you, ya know. He won't shut up about you. If I didn't know any better, I would've thought he was in love with you." The young boy chuckled as he guided Y/N in the waltz, "Cause we were just kids when we fell in love, not knowing what it was. I will not give you up this time." He sang along to the music, causing Y/N to laugh.

"You should take singing lessons next. You need work on that." She uttered.

"But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own. And in your eyes, you're holding mine." Baji twirled Y/N around. A smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she danced with her friend.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms." She joined in on the singing. Baji beamed.

"Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song. When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath." He leaned in, hair tickling Y/N's face as she giggled quietly, "But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight."

━━━━━━

"Where are they?" Nira checked the time on her watch, tapping her foot impatiently. Ashley placed a hand on her sister's shoulder.

"I'm sure they're fine. Y/N has been taking fighting classes and practicing with Jay and Baji is scary for a thirteen-year-old." The blonde gently smiled, reassuring Nira. Jay nodded in agreement.

"That kid gave me a concussion." Jay uttered, referring to Baji, "Don't mess with him."

Ashley lifted her head, peering at the top of the hill. She squinted, trying to make out the figures.

"Hey, isn't that them?" She questioned, "On the hill, dancing."

Nira hummed.

"Yup, that's them. Aw, they're so cute together. And, look at Y/N giggling." The black-haired woman fangirled, clapping her hands together and squealing. Jay shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Let's give Y/N some time alone." He muttered, "She deserves it."

A/N : not me shipping both Baji x Y/N and Hanma x Y/N