I put trackers on each of my family members' phones, even Mez so I can keep an eye on them. I can't track Mez anymore but I can see everyone else's locations. Felix's whereabouts pop up and I was right to assume he was at the cemetery where his family is buried.

I changed into some jeans, a plain shirt, and a leather jacket. I throw on some boots and pull my hair up into a ponytail. Grabbing a bag, I slide in my essentials including a dagger or two and my gun.

Exiting my room I run downstairs and shoot a message to Luc saying I'm leaving for a bit, he texts back saying to stay safe and that he's told the guards at the gate to let me out.

Getting into my mustang, I throw it into reverse and head into the direction of the cemetery. I know he probably wants to be alone right now but I want to help him and believe I can.

P E C C A T R I C I

Staring at my family's graves I can't help but relive that night over and over again in my head

Staring at my family's graves I can't help but relive that night over and over again in my head. Today marks the day that their lives were taken, they didn't deserve this. I never found out why this happened and who did it, Luc tried to help but nothing came of it.

We were just a normal family, there was no such thing as crime in my family well not that I knew of. They were everything to me, especially my little sister, she was my whole world. I remember Mum always telling me about how rude I was to her when she was born because I wanted a brother, not a sister. Looking back now though she was all I wanted, the best thing I could have got.

"Felix." Someone whispers behind me, I tense up. Turning around slowly, Val is standing there. She walks over to me and kneels in front of me, sadness all over her face.

She reaches up and wipes tears off my face, I didn't even know I was crying, "Felix, I'm here. It's okay." She whispers, a small tear leaving her eye.

"They didn't deserve this Val, why didn't they kill me as well? I wish I was dead along with them and we could be together again." I rasp out.

"No! Don't say that. Yes, they didn't deserve this but don't say you wish you were dead. They are already with you, right here —" she points to my heart, "they're looking out for you, I promise."

"You don't know that," I whisper, wrapping my arms around myself.

Val shuffles closer and wraps her arms around me, holding me close. She lays my head down on her lap, running her hands through my hair, "I do know Fe, I haven't told anyone this but I saw my mother. She told me everything was going to be okay. I wanted to be with her but she said it wasn't time yet, I bet you that your family would say the same. It's not your time." She sniffs.

"You saw her?" I choke.

"I did. Let's get out of here Fe, I know a bar that's not too far away. I'll message someone to come pick up your car." She cups my face and kissed my forehead, I let out a sigh.

I sit up and stand, dusting myself off. Looking back at my family's grave I say my goodbyes once again, I start to walk away but what I hear next stops me in my tracks, "I'll help him find his peace, I swear to you," Val whispers, I don't think I was meant to here that but I did.

She turns around and catches up to me, she runs and jumps on my back like a spider monkey making me burst out laughing, "you fat shit," I grumble, adjusting her on my back.

"Oh shut your trap Fe, to the bar!!" She shouts, pointing to the car, laughing. Rolling my eyes at her crazy antics, I walk us over to her car and drop her to the ground. She tosses me the keys, winking.

"You're going to let me drive?"

"Yeah, why not? We're drinking tonight though so I'll have to message someone to pick us up when we're done and they can grab my car." She shrugs, getting in the passenger seat.

P E C C A T R I C I

We pull up to the bar that Val recommended, getting out of the car, she rounds it and walks up to me hooking her arm with mine and dragging me to the front. The guy at the front holds out a fist and Val bumps hers with his, he lets us in — no questions asked, it seems like she knows every —fucking — one.

The bar seems pretty run down but it's crowded in here, Val then starts to drag me over to the bar. She orders herself a whiskey neat and tilts her head, looking at me patiently, "oh uh, corona thanks."

Val scrunches up her nose at my choice of beverage making me chuckle. The bartender gets to work before coming back with our drinks, Val slaps the money on the bar before grabbing my hand and dragging me to a pool table.

A/N — The song playing in the bar is above, play it for the rest of this chapter if you want to chill as fuck vibes.

The music in this place is pretty relaxed, this is more my scene than the usual clubbing scene. Val and I play a few rounds of pool, talking about my family and some of the memories I have of them. She kicks my ass multiple times before I give up, she drags me to the dance floor for a bit and we dance together.

She dances like an idiot making me laugh, she starts doing the running man bumping into other people. They're all glaring at us but she doesn't care, I just join her and let loose as well doing the wave and robot.

A few more rounds later we're now sitting at the bar, laughing. I'm so glad Val came and found me, I'm usually alone when it is the day of my family's anniversary but having her for company is a gift. I'm truly lucky to have her in my life, every time I mention my sister Val's face lights up. Looking closer at her though I notice that her cheeks are flushed and she's looking a bit tired.

"Felix, I have a question for you." She shouts over the music.

"Shoot."

"You mentioned a tattoo in your statement, there was no description of it. Do you think you can draw it for me?" She slides a napkin over to me and asks the bartender for a pen.

She hands me the pen and I draw the symbol I saw and slide it back to her and finish the rest of my drink, she looks at the napkin and frowns.

"What's wrong?" I nudge her, she looks at me and smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes.

"I know who killed your family." She says, downing the rest of her drink.