BONUS PART 2

A FEW DAYS LATER

Karan walked into the kitchen. Shehnaaz was busy cutting the vegetables for the dinner. Though she no longer was a maid and Sidharth wasn't even giving her to work in any other place, so she would slip into the kitchen when he wasn't around the mansion.

"There you are!" Karan shouted on getting Shehnaaz view. He offered her with his famous smile, moving towards the counter. "What's today's special?" He inquired, taking one of the slices of carrot and biting it. Shehnaaz jerked his hand away, glaring at him. He offered her innocent eyes.

"Will you give her the phone?" came a faint voice, but indicating annoyance.

"Oh! Forgot it..." Karan chuckled and handing confused Shehnaaz the cell. As Shehnaaz took it in her hand, a view of Sumitra came before her. Shehnaaz smile broadens on seeing her. It had been days since she had last talked with her. After they left for London, Sumitra would often call and talk with Shehnaaz, asking about Sidharth whereabouts. They had grown closer, she couldn't even believe Sumitra seemed an arrogant person when she entered the mansion for the first time. She felt she disliked her on the first meet never thought a day would come when their bond would be so good.

Ganga and Pritam had left for the village a few days back and soon she was left alone in the mansion with Sidharth. She often wished if Sumitra and Ritesh could have accompanied them, it would have been so amazing but she never expressed it aloud to them. She was glad on knowing Ganga's condition was improving and even requested Pritam to stay behind but he had offered her work-related issues. Shehnaaz for once even thought about going along with them, how was she to leave Ganga on her own? Sidharth had rejected the plan on the spot not even letting her voice it out loud. Sometimes, it amazed her. How could he understand her so well?

"How are you doing, Shehnaaz?" A voice came over the speaker and Shehnaaz smiled at the woman. "Kaisi ho?"

"Mai teekh..." she replied, "ap kaise hai? Aur Ritesh sab woh..."

"Kitni bar kaha hai maine... Ritesh sab nahi, dad!" Soon another voice entered, grabbing the phone from the former owner. He glared at Shehnaaz, his eyes seemed tired as if he had returned from work or hadn't rested for days.

"Wohi..." she meekly replied, causing Karan to chuckled who had finished half of her chopped carrot.

"Kaise wohi ho sakta hai Shehnaaz?" He raised his brow in a playful manner, while she stopped herself from glaring at him before Ritesh. Shehnaaz had grown very comfortable around Karan, with the only person she never hesitated to act like herself. Credit went to Karan as well, he had helped her to pull her walls down. Even with Sidharth, she couldn't be so carefree, sometimes that did troubled Sidharth. He admired their bond but also wished that Shehnaaz could act the same with him. She hesitated to speak her mind off near him.

"Tum waha kya kar rahe ho? Isn't your exams are coming?" Ritesh attention was grabbed by Karan, and soon Karan regretted his remark. Couldn't he shut himself for a minute or so?

"Woh uncle... I had studied..."

"Don't you dare, act as a distraction for my son. If his grades are bad, I won't leave you." Ritesh was scolding Karan and Shehnaaz was enjoying the scene. Pressing a lip tight not to smile, Karan had always teased her, pulled her legs. She wasn't letting such an event slipped from her hand.

"Distraction! Your son's biggest distraction is staying under the roof." A mischievous smile playing on his lips, Shehnaaz stared at him in confusion. Eyes fixed on Shehnaaz before Ritesh could oppose, Sidharth voice entered the frame.

"She isn't my distraction but my strength!" Answered, Sidharth leaning on the kitchen door. His black orbs, glittering in admiration as they landed on the light of his life. There were days when he went restless, his senses craving for that sore drink to pull down his throat. He had lived his last years in that darkness, it wasn't easy to pull himself out of it. Sudden stressful events, an argument with his parents or even slight anger issues could trigger him. At those moments Shehnaaz had behaved as a shield unknowingly. She wasn't aware of what her mere presence around him during those occasions had resulted in.