PREFACE

So, up with a new book, new concept but same individuals.

The story is going to be... No! Not like this let's allow the character to introduce themselves.

•••••••

His finger moved, turning me dazed. Slowly I got a glimpse of him blinking his eyes, I was on the verge to stand up from the stool. Walking to call the doctor, but the soul grabbed my hand. Struggling to bring words out of his mouth. I lean, attempting to listen to his words. Though I was irritated by his random conversation. Lately, I was craving to hear him speak. The doctor confessed, losing hope. Was turning us anxious. What if he won't ever wake up?

"Don't leave my side," he requested.

I smiled, "Kade vi nahi!" (I won't) His eyes were conveying anxiousness. And I knew it was something related to me leaving him alone. It stressed him, I would leave his side. Brushing off the tears, I took a seat beside him. He was fine! Talking to me, why would I move? He was making me believe I wasn't a curse as people described or I too was coming to accept it as truth. Grabbing his hand in mine, the one that always provided warmth was chilling in the cold. I rubbed his wrist, fearing I might lose him.

"Tusi ene thande kyun ho rahe ho?" ( Why are you turning so cold?) Anxiety building a place in my chest.

His lip turned upwards in a smile, "cold... The... world... is... going... to... be... cold... for... you." His struggles made me halt him from talking, as his breathing was increasing.

"Kirpa karke na bolo. Tusi kade meri nahi sunde, ajj tan sunlo." (Please don't talk. You never listened to me but at least today...) He kept staring, his black orbs aiming to dig a hole. He stared at me with such intensity, the way none ever glanced at me. His that look made me feel the wonders of this world, never letting the feeling of misfortune cross my being.

"Only... if... you... call... me... by... my... name." I widened my eyes in horror, and he burst into laughter. Causing, in the end, to moan in pain, "ahh..."

"Main tuhanu hor kini vaar kahan ke na bolo?" (How many times, should I request you.) Scolding him for his carelessness. "Hun tusi ek shabad vi nahi bologe" (You won't speak a word.) Glaring at him, he kept a finger on his lip behaving like an obedient kid.

Hazaaron mein kisi ko, Taqdeer aisi...
Mili hai ik Ranjha Aur Heer jaisi...

I was adoring him when a hand was kept on my shoulder.

"What are you...?" Lyra questioned, it puzzled me at the minute but as I diverted my gaze back to Sidharth. I realized; it was a dream I was visualizing with my open eyes. He hadn't got conscious still laying on the bed. He hadn't proved me wrong. His state was only confirming my doubt of being a curse. He was in the condition the doctor described as a coma. A condition he could listen to other words but couldn't bring a word out. A state where he knew our presence beside him but couldn't react. Locals described it as a condition of half death.

"Sorry..." I murmured, bowing my head. Showering my face with the dupatta. Apologized for the condition he was in; I had turned a curse for him. I had objected him moving towards me, but he hadn't listened. The fault was mine as well! I had to be strict, my greed of getting a friend pulled him in danger.

"Tum jakar rest kyu nahi karti?" (Why don't you go and rest?) She suggested, "you are sitting here for the past twenty-four hours. Your body needs rest," urging me to move.

I moved my eyes from the soul on the bed to her. I stood from the stool, moving out. I couldn't argue with her further, would consider myself fortunate that I was given an opportunity to be beside him. Though none of his friends believed in that concept, it was happening for real, Sidharth had landed in the hospital due to me. Only if he hadn't met me, he would have safely landed in the city. Might have been enjoying his life rather than laying on the bed with a machine attached.