¶ CHAPTER 25 ¶

NAAZ

After a silent argument with Karan, giving a last glance. Sidharth left in a hurry. I wasn't aware where? But it displayed he seemed annoyed as he had to leave. And as expected, Karan was left behind as my bodyguard. I had started disliking this bodyguard session, couldn't I be left alone for a while?

"Sab thik hai na...?" I heard uncle questioning me. I was still not out of shock. Did they come from Punjab to Mumbai for me? Did Sidharth ask them? He won't, would he? I gave a slight nod. I could feel uncle's gaze on my wounded feet. "Yeh kaise hua?"

What was I supposed to say? That I pierced my feet into glass pieces.

"Ap dono yaha?" Karan helped me by interrupting. "Kya Sushi ko pata hai?" Sushi, the last encounter I had with her, played in my mind. Later, I never saw her visiting. Had Sidharth's father banned her visit, or was she too ashamed to come back again?

"Uska nam bhi mat lo... meri beti kehne ko bhi sharam aata hai." Uncle was fuming in anger, it was a rare view. It was always Bua been angry, uncle always calmed her down.

"Ji..."

"Bus karo Ganga, aur nahi. Use hamari bilkul kadar nahi hai, tumhe itni badi bimari hogayi yeh pata chalne ke baad bhi usko koi fark nahi padha..." he shook his head, I darted my gaze to aunt. Her eyes were moist though she was attempting not to shed it before me. I had never seen her so weak, as I looked at her keenly, she seemed defeated as if she had lost hope.

"Kya hua? Kaisi bimari...?" I was scared, however, she behaved with me yet she was the family I had.

"TB hai... Hum yaha aaye the, beti kuch help karegi pr beti apni hi life mein mast hai." He dried a laugh, accepting faith wasn't by their side.

"Sushi, I can't believe it?" Karan sounded stunned, "mujhe pata tha woh koi buhot achi insan nahi hai but khud ke parents ke sath aisa behave..." he shook his head, he was startled as the rest.

I could imagine how broken aunt would feel, her life revolved around her daughter. She was her life, she was avoiding eyes contact, staring at the floor.

"Ap log thak gaye honge... Ap neeche mere room mein, mein..." I attempted to stand up, but Karan halted me in track.

"Sid had warned me to take care of you, so you better listen. Chup chap leti raho, mai tumhari bua aur uncle ko..." I interrupted him, I was pissed with this sleeping session. For two days, I was in bed.

"Tum bhul rahe ho ki mai ise ghar ki naukrani hu toh mujhe aaj kam karna hi..."

"Tum naukrani nahi ho, no longer you are." He spoke interrupting me as I did.

"Matlab?"

"Matlab ki Sid ne tumhe Naukri se nikal diya, so tum naukrani nahi ho aur tumhe kuch kam nahi karna hoga, aur ha already nayi helper bhi aa gayi hai so you can rest." Saying so he glanced at them, "chaliye apko apka room dikhate hai..." after taking a step he looked at me again. "Don't you dare to move!" Warning, I narrowed my eyes at him.

I wasn't going to act like a serious patient any longer. If I don't move my leg, surely they would forget what walking was? What! I was never used to rest, and laying on bed two days in rows had enough of my patience. I am least bothered if I would piss Sidharth with my acts. And what was it about dismissing from my job? Did he want me to get out of his life?

He was never pleased with me working on his mansion, he had uttered it clear that he wasn't desiring to see my face. Maybe for that reason, he asked his mom to let me free. I shouldn't feel sad, right? I wanted it! I was planning to walk from his life that brought me to this new city. But still after knowing Sidharth life wasn't as I thought it was made me have a second thought. Every closed one of his thought I could heal him but how? I mean, I had no clue about his past apart from the part that he had a friend name, Rihanna.