𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟵: gas station trip

3 WEEKS LATER

I wake up to my alarm going off. Today is November 24, a day before Thanksgiving. Mom is letting me fly out to LA to have Thanksgiving with Sway, but I have to come back to Connecticut on the 26th. Also, nobody except Ryland knows I'm coming to LA. You might be wondering why Ryland is the one to know, that's because 1) he doesn't live in sway, since he doesn't live in sway that means he most likely won't tell the boys, 2) mom said somebody that is over 20, and he's 21.
I get out of bed and change into blue pants, a white tank top, and a tan jacket. Then I grab my suitcase and backpack and go to the kitchen. Mom is sitting at the dining table looking at her phone. When she hears me coming in she looks up.

Mom: morning Kay, you ready to go?
You: yeah.

We go to the car and put my stuff in the backseat then she drives to the airport. Since she isn't coming with me she has to stay in the car.

Mom: ok remember, when you land text or call me. Be safe and don't get into trouble. Tell the boys I say hi too.
You: ok mom, love you bye.
Mom: bye, I love you.

I grab my suitcase and backpack then go into the airport. This is my first time flying alone and I don't know what to think of it. I've flown without parents before but that's when I was with Charli and Dixie, so I had 2 people to stay with me and make me feel safe. I go through security and put my suitcase in the spiny luggage thing then go sit down and wait. While waiting I text Ryland letting him know I'm about to board. My flight gets called so I get on, mom got me first class and I have the seat to myself. Thank goodness. The plane takes off so I text mom so she won't be worried. The past 3 weeks have been sort of hard for me, it's basically like quarantine all over again except I have a long distance boyfriend this time. I really love Josh but we don't get much time together, the time difference is 3 hours and he has been having a lot of business meeting recently. I'm happy for him and I'm glad he's finding what he wants to do but I miss him a lot. Anywayyy, after a 7 hour flight the plane finally lands. Before getting off I text Ryland and mom telling them I landed. Then I get off and get my suitcase then go find Starbucks because that plane ride was stressful. I swear I kept feeling scared and like something was off. After I get Starbucks I go and sit down on a chair near an exit. 15 minutes pass and I finally see Ryland walking up to me.

You: hey, thanks again for doing this.
Ryland: I didn't have anything to do anyway, so your welcome.

We go and get into his car. He drives to a gas station and we both go inside. I get a blue raspberry icey and Ryland gets a red one. After we pay I realize I didn't post on Instagram yesterday.

You: can you take some photos of me? I didn't post on Instagram yesterday.
Ryland: sure.

I hand him my phone and he takes a few then I take some of us together. We go back to the car and he starts driving me to Sway. Currently the time was 8am, so most of the boys would be asleep still, the ones that would be awake would be Griffin and maybe Noah.

☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎☻︎