June: Double Date

Start from the beginning

  Chris moves towards me, looking oh so delicious in his grey suit with a black dress shirt. He moves as though he's in slow motion. His eyes taking in every inch of me, reminding me of our wedding night; the first time he saw me bare. "Like is not the word I would use," he replies before placing his hands on my hips, slipping over my curves.

  "We better go. The symphony waits for no one," I say with a wink before turning and strutting away from him.

~~~~~
Chris POV

   They symphony is neither my scene nor Hayden's but when the girls heard they were hosting a Broadway themed night I knew that we had our latest double date planned. Dressing up in a suit was well worth seeing the look on my bride's face as the orchestra played multiple songs from her favorite plays.  I chuckled at her when she seemed visibly disappointed that the performance had ended.

  "That was incredible!" Daphne says as we remain seated while the audience files out.

  "Have you ever seen a Broadway show? Like actually on Broadway?" Charlotte asks us both.

  Daphne shakes her head no while I nod yes. "I've always wanted to though," Daphne admits. I make a mental note for a future vacation.

  "Ladies," Hayden says before standing up, "how about dessert and coffee?"

  I know what Daphne's reaction will be before she does. The wide grin spreading across her face as she squeals, "yes!"

  "Can we go to Biscotti's in Avondale?" Charlotte asks. "Their cakes are incredible!"

  "Whatever you'd like, sweetie," Hayden says before taking Charlotte's hand in his as we step out of the theatre and onto the sidewalk.

  "We'll meet you there," I call out, turning towards the direction of our car.

~~~~~
   Five red lights and ten minutes later, we walk into the trendy restaurant, each couple hand in hand. The hostess directs us over to the display case laden with desserts. There's three layer cakes, 5 layered and even 10 layered cakes waiting to be chosen and enjoyed.

  I ask Daphne what she's leaning towards. "I'm not sure. The triple chocolate sounds wonderful, but so does the raspberry chiffon. Too many choices," she laughs out.

  My hand rests on the small of her back. "You can get more than one, babe," I tell her. "I know I plan on having more than one."

  "Really? Which are you thinking so I don't choose the same ones?"

  "The pineapple upside down cheesecake looks good," I tell her leaning in closer. My lips just over her ear now. "But my second dessert can't be enjoyed in public, there are laws against it." My hand inching a bit lower now, with a small squeeze. I see Daphne's breath hitch. "You look delicious, love."

  Even though we've been married for two months now her cheeks still tinge pink when I tell her how much I desire her. I find it sweet and precious, believing she may always be this way.

"Well if that's the game we're playing then maybe I'll have three," she giggles back at me. "As long as I am at least one of those, then I'm good," I say.

The hostess finally seats us. We order coffees and cappuccinos along with a plethora of desserts. Daphne sits to my right, directly across from Charlotte, leaving Hayden in front of me. This is our third double date since the first church softball game. I've seen a definite change in Hayden even just in comparison to our wedding day, but especially since I've been working with him. It's almost as if it's day and night; the person he was a year ago to the person he is now.