Chapter 2 - Close Your Eyes

Eren's POV

Wow. I can barely utter my name to the brave soldier standing before me. How did this boy who's only a few years older than me just take out seven soldiers in under a minute?

I would follow him to the ends of the earth.

My saviour, Levi turns to look at the unconscious body of my attacker and absentmindedly touches the knife on his belt. His eyes lock with mine.
"I'm gonna need you to close your eyes and cover your ears".
I nod, closing my eyes and putting my hands over my ears. After a few moments I hear a muffled cry of pain and open my eyes. I see the life drain from the man. Levi wipes blood from his knife and puts it in the holster on his belt. He takes a deep breath and I close my eyes once again as he turns towards me. He taps my shoulder and when I open my eyes Levi is offering his hand to me, I take it. As we walk out of my village I look back at the corpse of the man who attacked me.
Thank God Levi saved me.

"Thank you," I whisper to my saviour.
He smiles and my heart skips a beat, my face flushes red.
"Don't worry brat, you'll always be safe with me."
His words bring tears to my eyes as I remember my kind, loving mother who wanted to keep me safe more than anything and died trying to hide me. Levi pulls me into a hug that somehow feels like home.

He is my safe place now.