Chapter 26: Date With Diggory

Start from the beginning

"I got asked out to Hogsmeade by Cedric Diggory."

She squealed. "Wow, Cedric Diggory, that's great." She observed my expression. "You don't seem happy though."

I sat down on my bed, resting my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. "I don't know, I'm not sad about it, it could be fun, but there's just something bugging me but I'm not sure what it is."

Hermione's lips pressed into a wider grin. "Well, is there someone you may, oh I don't know, fancy?"

"Hermione, we've been over this, the answer's no."

"Then stop sulking around and be happy. Now," she gave me a stern gaze, "are you done your homework?"

My lips turned upwards. "Yes, Professor."

"Oi! Don't call me Professor." She threw a pillow, hitting me right in the face.

I smirked, "Oh, it's on." We engaged in a pillow fight for the next while, and afterwards collapsed on the ground, giggling uncontrollably.

***

"Hey Remus!" I greeted cheerfully when I entered his office. He looked up from his work and immediately stood up and rushed towards me, wrapping his arms around my body tightly, startling me. "Woah! Miss me that much?" I teased with a smirk.

He pulled away and smiled with relief, "Oh, I was just worried about you, considering what happened last night. Besides, Fiona asked me to check on you."

I nodded. "Mum did seem panicked in the letter I received. How did she know though?"

Remus grinned sheepishly, "I may have told her, but," he added hastily seeing I had opened my mouth to speak, "she specifically has asked me to keep her updated with what happens at Hogwarts, and also it's my duty as your guardian."

I couldn't help but smile at his words. "Thanks for the concern, and for always being there for me and Mum. Also," A smirk found its way onto my face, "you owe me some chocolate, pay up." I said while I extended my hand.

Laughing, he opened a drawer and reached into it, pulling out five purple coloured packs of Chocolate Frogs. Closing it with his leg, he turned back towards me.

"Thanks!" I said as he passed them over. "We should do this more often because I'll be chocolate rich by the end of this year!"

He raised an eyebrow, "You're not getting anymore from me Miss.Black."

I pouted while making puppy eyes. "Aw, but why?"

Trying desperately to hide the smile tugging at his lips, he answered, "Because I need the chocolate, and please do go before your persuading face wins me over, besides I'm busy."

Dropping the act, I grinned. "Alright I'm going, love you Remmy!" I called out as I joyfully skipped out of his office, while he chuckled at the name and shook his head at my antics.

***

Saturday rolled by faster than usual, for which reason I was stuck with Ginny and Hermione fussing over me. Whether it's trying to perfect the makeup or choose the ideal outfit, they've been at it for the past hour.

"Rubi, sit still!" ordered Hermione, as she applied some eyeshadow.

"Do I have to?" I complained. "We're just going to Hogsmeade, what's the big deal?"

"Oh, Rubina." said Ginny whilst shaking her head, "It's more than that, it's a date. Besides, we're almost done."

"FIne." I huffed, realising they may finish quicker if I didn't protest.