㉒ Lives without love

Start from the beginning

"You trust me." I say. Feeling desperate.

"You saved my life. Set me free in a sense. The least I can do is that. Look, I'm not proud of myself for having to flirt with him neither, my hobby is killing folks and he's an FBI for crying out loud. I just need to know why I turned into this."

"You're magnificent."

She looks at me unbelievably. "If you still see me so, then you're as fucked in the head as I am Pete."

I chuckle, it's not sincere. I stare outside as the car drives through the streetlights. "But you trust me." I close my eyes. "You trust me..."

(Y/n) Stark

I slept the night soundly with a gun under my pillow.

The alarm rings, I get up instantly and shoot it with that same gun.

Fuck.

Do I have to buy a new alarm again?

Peter runs in with the gun I gave him, all panicked.

"What happened?" He asks.

"Ugh, I shot my alarm. It happens." I say and rub my face. Peter looks at the fucked up alarm confusedly and puts his gun away.

"The sound...?" He asks.

"I soundproof my house, no one will hear. I kill here sometimes when it's necessary. Again, it happens."

"I'm not even surprised anymore." He whispers, oh what a pain in the ass I must be for him.

I yawn and walk into the bathroom. Strip my clothes off and stare at my scars. We planned the murder scene of Barnes' ex for weeks, the wounds are in much better shape, I take my bath and get dressed up.

I don't dress like myself today. I need to impress Bucky Barnes as a college student with nothing in my brain. Time to get my mind off murders.

My entrance today at the classroom surprise everyone. The first question they have in my mind must be, where is my red leather jacket?

The second one is probably, why am I dressing like a sugar baby?

Last one, why am I and Peter sitting across from each other?

Nosy fucks.

I ignore everyone and continue my class. I see Liz Allan trying to say Hi so I smile back, then, I feel Peter's intense stare on me.

I'm not one to be afraid ever, but this time, given the circumstances of my plan involving Barnes, I'm starting to question if I'm still holding onto the leash I hold onto him tight enough.

He's the only one in the world who could fuck all my plans up, the only one with my secrets.

But he better know if I go down, he's going six feet under with me.

The day ends and I walk right out. Barnes told me he would pick me up in front of the university today for a surprise date, which sounds kind of stupid, but anyway.

I see the car park out front, I brush my hair and sees him rolling his window down, he smiles at me happily.

His ex died on my property and he's hitting on a witness. I fucking love how fucked up everyone is these days.

I take my step, but then I suddenly get pullback by Peter. With eyes red, not tears, but veins.

"You know the limits don't you?" He asks.

"What are you even talking about?" I say, looking back to the car. Barnes sees everything. "Peter, now is not the time. I'll see you at the cabin."

"I'm saying, you're not going to give yourself to him, are you (Y/n)?" His grip around my wrist is so tight, I try to shake my hand off but he doesn't let go.

"What does that have to do with anything?!"

"Oh, it has everything to do about you and me!"

"Stop making a scene." I finally free my hand from his. As I look around all the college kids are looking at us. "We're not in love."

"Oh, we're not?" He laughs with a tone of mockery.

"Pete. I'm trying to get to him, if there was the other way I would have taken it. You know my past, you'd think I'd gladly do this?" I whisper into his ears, now I am as angry as he is.

When I step backward, I see him looking at the ground, lips press, heavy breath. Like it takes everything in him to let me get into that ride.

"I'm honestly disappointed," I tell him, and I walk off.

Barnes looks concerned as I get into the shotgun seat, he looks back to the entrance of my university.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Yup." I give him a smile that can't hide the fact that I am deeply frustrated.

"Who was that?" He looks back yet again at the sight of Peter Parker still staring at us. Shit.

"He's my classmate."

"You have a problem with a group project or something? That looked intense." He laughs, but he knows it doesn't feel right.

I need to shift blame if I still want this to work.

"He's... delusional. I gave him a friendly smile once and he try to..."

"Hit on you?" He asks, Bucky Barnes stops questioning something that feels off and laughs.

"Something like that." I laugh dryly.

"The boy is a stalker right there. You should be careful. If anything gets out of your hands I can always get a restraining order for you. You're going out with a federal agent." He tries to impress me.

"I appreciate it. But it's okay, I have it under control."

But I ask myself,

(Y/n),

Do you really have him under your control?

Venus/Neko : I'm getting bipolar from switching from WW2, Stark's2 bright writing and Lunatic's depressing atmosphere back n fourth.