The Troublesome Fatui

Start from the beginning

After a while, Y/n realised that she is still in Albedo's house.

"Ah! Albedo I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to sleep-"

"There's no need to apologise." Albedo cut off Y/n.

Slience envelope the room, but it wasn't suffocating, in fact quite the opposite actually. For once, Y/n didn't feel the need to strike up a conversation to avoid awkwardness.

Y/n slowly pat Klee's head without realising.

" Do you... Have nightmares frequently?" Albedo questioned.

"As a matter of fact, yes, a lot of times. Too much for me to count. It got so bad that, I end up not sleeping most of the time. "

"Do you know the cause of it?"

"Well I might have an idea, but I'm not so sure...."

"Would you like to share your hypothesis?"

Y/n opened her mouth to speak but stopped herself.

"I almost blew my cover. Phew...."

"I rather not say..." Y/n trailed off. As she starts to get the feeling of discomfort again.

Albedo seems to notice this and changed that subject.
" Anyways, thank you for taking care of Klee during my absence yesterday. I hope she wasn't misbehaving. "

" She didn't cause any problem at all..." Y/n lied again.

Albedo look at her with eyes saying 'I know your lying again.'

"Fine, you got me." Y/n admitted defeat, there is now no way she could lie to Albedo.

Albedo let a smile a bit. Finding it quite funny.

"Also, you don't have to thank me Albedo.  It was simply a way to repay you. "

"Repay me?"

"Remember the time where you saved me? In DragonSpine? If you didn't, I probably would have freeze to death and never discovered Monstadt. Sorry for not saying it earlier. But thank you Albedo. " Y/n send him a soft smile, she was genuinely grateful for Albedo.

Albedo had a sudden urge to get his sketchbook and draw. He thought to himself, Y/n should really smile more.

Y/n finally realised that she should get going. This fact that she wasn't even supposed to stay here for the night made her feel improper.

"Albedo, I appreciate you letting me stay here even though I was not supposed to. But I think I should get going now."

Y/n gingerly lift Klee from her lap and place her fully on the bed. She was about to leave.

"Wait Y/n, your aren't you forgetting something?" Albedo glance at the basket of treats she was about to leave behind.

"It alright, you can keep it. You do like sweets right? Plus, shouldn't friends give each other gifts?" Y/n just realised what she said.

"B-but of course if you don't count me as a friend you can give it back or u-uh take it as-" Y/n stuttered.

"Thanks Y/n." Albedo simply said. Which oddly enough, managed to calm Y/n down significantly.