24. ISOLDE IN WONDERLAND

Start from the beginning

Took her long enough.

"Wise words, knowledge seeker. You deserve to enter my layer." The winged-one looked impressed.

Hey, where is my compliment? I answered your question in seconds!

No appreciation for true talent here.

At last, she moved her giant paw to make way for us. 

Well at least, she's not as lazy as she was taunting.

When we got in, more than the dazzling sight of the ancient layer and the cacophony of spirits and mechanisms, I enjoyed the look of innocent excitement on the midget's face. She looked on in wonder; willing to lose herself here like little Alice down the rabbit hole.

Was it her first time seeing the forbidden layer?

Maybe the bright smile on her face is the expected reaction for those who've never seen things such as this.

Truth to be told, this really wasn't all to fascinating. 

 We had a layer like this in our family library. It was far bigger too.

But something about the twinkle in her sapphire eyes when the little fox spirit came to her made me appreciate this relic of knowledge today.

I should've known this will make her happy. After all, she looked like she was over the moon in that ugly outfit. I heard her talking to her friend about it with the biggest smile. 

It was endearing actually.

Still, It should be criminal to look that adorably happy in that vomit-inducing outfit just because it was new!

Yet when I saw the butterflies she sew with mismatched threads on it's sleeve like it was some sort of treasure she has to put her mark on, I suddenly felt the outfit wasn't that bad after all.

There wasn't any harm in appreciating things if they make someone this happy.

I wonder if all commoners are this weird or is it just her?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GLOSSARY

*Sphinx: Egyptian mythological creature with the face of a human, the body of a lion, and the wings of a falcon. Famous for asking riddles to travelers.

*Alice: The main character of  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (commonly Alice in Wonderland), an 1865 English children's tale by Lewis Carroll  (a pseudonym of Charles Dodgson)

*Alice: The main character of  Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (commonly Alice in Wonderland), an 1865 English children's tale by Lewis Carroll  (a pseudonym of Charles Dodgson). A young girl named Alice falls through a rabbit hole into a fantasy world of anthropomorphic creatures. It is seen as a prime example of the Nonsense genre. Its play with logic gives the story lasting popularity with adults as well as children.

*Lilliput : A fictional island nation inhibited by small people that appears in Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift

*Lilliput : A fictional island nation inhibited by small people that appears in Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift. Throughout the ages, the word Lilliput has become synonymous to short.

  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, this chapter was a bit shorter. I have exams. 

Remember to vote and leave comments.