Chapter 15

A/N: Get your tissue boxes and prepare to shed those tears my people

"It's 4:50 Adrien," Plagg whispered as the blond haired boy groggily sat up.

"Why did you wake me Plagg?" he asked.

"It's Marinette," Plagg nudged him and pointed to the spot where Marinette stood on the balcony.

Confused and still half asleep Adrien wrapped himself in a blanket. Was she talking to herself? 

"Marinette?" Adrien said coming up beside her.

Jumping backwards Marinette let out a squeak, "Adrien?!" 

"I'm sorry I scared you Marinette," Adrien said sheepishly, "What are you doing out here?"

"I- I umm..." She couldn't tell Adrien she was talking to Tikki about him, "Couldn't sleep! Yeah haven't slept a wink!"

Adrien frowned remembering how he looked over at her at some point in the night and she was fast asleep, "Right," he replied obviously not convinced.

Marinette blushed and stared back to the city of Paris like she and Cat Noir did on some nights. Only now she was wishing it was her and Adrien.

Adrien noticed her solemn stance and carefully draped the blanket over her shoulders causing Marinette to blush silently as she bowed her head.

With his elbows on the railing and his head bowed to the city streets below Adrien was trying to come up with the courage to admit to himself that maybe Marinette wasn't more than just as friend.

"Adrien?" Marinette's soft voice came from beside him.

Adrien looked up into her eyes.

"Why now?"

"Excuse me?" he said confused.

"What I mean is..." Marinette looked away, "Why did you choose now? To- you know- notice me?"

Adrien's heart skipped a beat. Did she feel the same? Or was she just confused? "Notice you?" he asked.

"I knew it was silly to bring it up." she said quietly and stepped away.

"Wait Marinette!" He said and gently grabbed her arm causing her to stare into his eyes. "I have noticed you. I do care about you." he swallowed not knowing what to say next.

"You do?" Marinette said holding her breath but still unsure.

Adrien drew her close into a hug and the full moon shone above them making Marinette's hair shine.

Marinette pulled away for a second to look into his eyes. Their faces got closer and soon they were only inches apart.

Adrien's heart was galloping faster than a horse, "Of course I do. After all, you are a very good friend Marinette. You always have been."

"A friend?" Marinette said and leaned back, "A friend! Oh of course Adrien! I'm just a friend! So that's how close you would get to a friend?"

Startled at this sudden outburst Adrien wondered what he had done wrong.

"You know I was so stupid to even think for a MOMENT that you would actually like me Agreste!" Marinette's eyes shone with tears.

"Like you?" 

"Argh! You're so blind Adrien!" she nearly screamed, luckily the door to the balcony was shut, "You haven't been able to see what is clearly right in front of you for YEARS!"

"Marinette wait I don't understand!" he tried to stop her from taking the stairs to the street.

"You almost kissed me Adrien!" She cried coming right up under his nose, "And then you tell me I'm just a friend. Yeah right," she spat, "Not like I've heard that every other day."

"Please don't go! I can fix this!"

"Not a chance." she turned around and started walking, "Go back to your girlfriend Agreste. I'm sure she'll appreciate you. I mean nothing to you."

"Marinette," Adrien sobbed as he watched her run down the street towards her home, "I love you." he whispered.

"Well that didn't go as planned," Plagg whispered to Tikki who was hiding behind a chair.

***

 I did warn you to grab the tissues! What do you guys think of this chapter? Give it a vote and drop a comment!

I just watch the new Miraculous episode Hack-San. Super confusing and also feel super bad for Chat Noir.

Comment below what your favorite Miraculous ship is! (Love square included)

Thank you all so much for over 13K reads! Like what the heck! thank you so much I never thought I could ever do that! 

Bug out for now besties! xx