09 | Meet The Rossi Family

Start from the beginning

He sighs before hooking an arm with mine leading me towards the stairs, "yeah I'm eating with your family," he smiles.

Good, Felix and I have grown close these past couple of weeks. I'm so happy he's eating with us tonight, instead of working. I know I've been stressing him out with all my shit but I'm glad he's having a break tonight from it all.

We make it to the bottom of the stairs and a small pair of arms wrap around my legs, "sissy! Sissy!" Levi laughs, smashing his face against my legs.

"Hey, baby, don't you look handsome tonight," I say, crouching down and bopping him on his nose, he giggles and kisses my cheek before running over to dad.

Another pair of small arms wrap around my neck and I feel little kisses on my face, turning to the culprit I scoop up Gianni in my arms and swing him around, "here's my other handsome man." I laugh.

"So fucking cute!" A voice squeals, making me freeze since I don't recognize it.

Slowly turning around with Gianni in my arms, I find three women — well technically one woman and two girls standing in the foyer with my brothers.

The one that squealed must be Willow, I take a closer look at her and she's absolutely beautiful. She has long brunette hair, brown eyes, and a smile that is so contagious. She's wearing a yellow silk dress which looks flawless with her tan skin, so jealous.

I move my gaze to the girl next to her and I feel like I've seen her before but I don't know where — strange. She's got short blond hair and bright blue eyes, a bit heavy on the make-up but who am I to judge? She's wearing a sparkly silver dress. Roman is standing next to her so I'm assuming this is his girlfriend.

Next to her is another girl with bright auburn hair that's super wavy and long, she has brown eyes and her face is covered in light freckles. She is wearing a black dress, I notice she's very curvy. Looking closer, she seems familiar as well, she's standing next to Dom — obviously his girlfriend.

"Hi, I'm Valentina. Nice to finally meet you three." I smile at them.

"Wow, you are stunning! I'm Willow, I've heard so much about you." She says, walking over and hugging me and Gianni.

"Thank you! Congratulations on the news, I'm so happy for you and Luc."

"Thank you, Valentina," Willow says, smiling. Her hand resting on her flat belly, making me quietly chuckle.

"Val, this is Victoria and Embry," Rome says, gaining my attention pointing to his girlfriend first then Dom's.

Both girls don't say anything, Victoria looks like she rather is anywhere else than here and Embry looks shy. I nod before turning around and handing Gianni to Felix, I lean over and whisper in his ear, "run a background check on them both but don't tell the boys."

Felix stands back and looks back to the girls frowning before his gaze comes back to me and he nods.

I hook an arm with Willow and I lead her to the dining room with everyone else following, when we reach we all take a seat around the table and get comfortable. I take a seat between Nate and Felix, "well ladies, meet the Rossi family and welcome. Let's all dig into this delicious meal that Aunt Elisa prepared for us."

Everyone thanks Aunt Elisa before dishing up a plate for themselves, I grab a plate and do the same. I peek a glance at Rome and Victoria and see them talking in hushed whispers, it looks a bit intense. I place some pasta on my plate and glance at Dom and Embry next and they both look awkward, I'm so confused with their dynamic.

Finishing up the dishing of my plate, I relax back in my seat and start eating, "So Victoria, where are you from? You look vaguely familiar." I ask, glancing up at her.

I notice everyone at the table look at me before looking at her, she tenses in her seat before letting out a breath, "Well babe, I'm from Chicago. I moved here a couple of months ago, have you been to Chicago before? Maybe you've seen me there?"

"Yeah, I was in Chicago for a while. I must have seen you around. What's your last name again? I don't recall."

"Val.." Rome warns, staring daggers at me, I shrug at him before shoving more pasta in my mouth. I've seen her before but I can't place where these are my brothers and I'll do anything to protect them.

"Embry, how'd you and Dom meet? You two seem.." I trail off, trying to find the right words, "different from each other." I finish.

Embry looks up at Dom who shrugs, she sighs and looks at me, "we met online, we met during a game of call of duty." She murmurs.

My eyes go wide, before I grin at her, "no fucking way, you're a gamer girl? That's so fucking hot!" I look at Dom who rolls his eyes, "good for you Dom, she's a keeper." He flips me off and Embry is wildly blushing and looking down at her plate.

"Are you seeing anyone Valentina?" Victoria grins.

Everyone in the room pauses, the tension in the room beginning to build. I feel everyone's stares at me, seeing how I'll react.

"Yes, I am." I simply reply.

"Oh. Where is he? I'd love to meet him." She says, sipping her glass of water.

"He's away on business," I mutter.

She sighs, "that's a shame. Maybe next time then, his name is Messiah right?"

My body goes rigid, I glance at Rome who shakes his head at me — meaning he hasn't mentioned Messiah before to her. I narrow my eyes at her and she smirks at me, I drop my fork and push my plate away and pick up my knife.

"Val.." Luc warns.

"How do you know his name Victoria?" I spit at her.

"Rome.." Luc warns, Rome holds up his hands in surrender, shaking his head. Victoria turns to him scoffing and muttering pussy under her breath.

"I only know his name Valentina, I don't know him. Relax babe, eat." She says my name with such venom.

I put on my biggest smile and turn to Luc, "why don't you and Dom show your girls around the place, we'll meet back here after I deal with this."

"Fucking hell." Dom grunts, standing up and grabbing Embry's hand who looks confused.

Luc nods and grabs Willow's hand and leads her out of the dining room with everyone else following suit except Felix and Nate who still sit beside me. Rome stands up, "sorry babe, you're on your own. It was fun while it lasted." He leaves straight after not even a backward glance.

I laugh, this is going to be fun.