"Elijah nice to see you again." She hugs him before turning to Carol.

"Hi Carol it's good to see you." She hugs her before going to stand by Elijah.

Both Elijah and Natalie are talking to Carol when Damon walks over.

"Elijah I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of mystic falls founding families."

"Mm-hmm. Such a pleasure to meet you."

"No. Pleasure's mine."

They shake hands while staring at each other. Natalie felt uncomfortable.

"Damon."  She nods her head at him.

"Natalie. You look good." Damon smiles at her

"Thank you."

•••

Elijah, Natalie and Damon are in the mayors office.

"What can I do for you Damon?" Elijah asks him.

"I was hoping we can have a little word." He tells Elijah

"Where's Elena." Elijah asks

"Safe with Stefan. They're laying low, you know; bit of a werewolf problem." He explains

"Oh, Yeah. I heard about that."

"I'm sure you did since it was your witch that saved the day."

"With my help so your welcome." Natalie jumps in.

"You are welcome."

"Which adds to my confusion on exactly why you're here." Damon asks

"Why don't you just stay focused on keeping Elena safe and leave the rest to me." Elijah turns when Damon is suddenly in front him

"Not good enough. What does Natalie have to do with all this?"

Elijah grabs Damon throat and speed him into the wall choking him. Damon grabs Elijah throat choking him back but it does nothing. He grabs Damon wrist and twist it.

"You young vampires, so arrogant. How dare you come in here and challenge me?" He asks still having Damon against the wall.

"You can't kill me, man. It's not part of the deal." Damon says struggling against him.

"Silence." Elijah grabs a pencil and stabs Damon in the neck. Damon yells in pain and Elijah shoved him away from him.

He pulls a handkerchief from his suit pocket.

"I'm an original. Show a little respect." He wipes his hand before giving it to Damon. He jerks it out his hand and puts it over the wound.

"The moment you cease to be of use to me, you're dead, so you should do what I say. Keep Elena safe." Elijah tells him calmly

He hold his hand out for Natalie. He turns around and says one more thing.

"You don't need to worry about Natalie. She's under my protection."

Damon looks at them as they leave.

•••

"Today was a busy."

"Yeah. How's the throat?" Alaric asks

"Sore."

"Yeah. That Elijah is one scary dude. But with nice hair." Alaric gets up. "Hey. You want another one?"

He grabs Damon cup and goes to the liquor tray.

"He's gonna be hard to kill."

"Yea. I'd think twice before I'd trust that dagger and some ashes to do the job. You're gonna need more info." Alaric says