CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

Malia breathes in heavily, her eyes studying the corpse in front of them. "It's really started, hasn't it?"

"What's started?"

"It's an all-out war."

Scott seems to finally have registered the fact that Derek was actually here, the boy takes a quick couple steps towards the older man before him in a tight hug. Meanwhile, Venus had detached herself from Stiles and taken up Scotts previous position in front of Deucalion. Her hands moved forwards, gingerly shutting the mans eyelids and whispering a quiet apology before finally allowing him to rest.

Stiles didn't say anything but he was worried for her, he couldn't help it. He knew she thought that every single supernatural life in this town was her responsibility and he knew that she would beat herself up for not being able to save them all. He places a gentle hand on her shoulder as she moves back next to him, hoping to comfort her in any way possible.

"As much as I enjoy this impromptu family reunion, what are you doing here?" Peter grumbles, his attention now fully on Derek.

"I found a pack slaughtered in Brazil." the man answered, a solemn look on his face. "There were two words written in blood on the walls, 'Beacon Hills'."

Isaac scoffed. "That's reassuring."

"You came back for Beacon Hills?" Scott asks breathlessly, his eyes furrowing in the mans direction.

Derek shakes his head with a small smile, his eyes raking over them. "No, I came back for you."

Before anyone could make any snarky retort to the soppy moment, the sound of static came from Stiles' Jeep, the sound being incredibly loud in their abandoned surroundings. Their heads turned towards Stiles in confusion but his attention was fully on the car, clearly confused himself.

"Blood and destruction." Gerards voice eerily came through the radio. "Dreadful objects so familiar. All pity choked with fell deeds."

Stiles and Scott hurriedly get into the Jeep, everyone else crowding around both sides of the car to listen in to what the man was saying.

"Caesers spirit ranging for revenge. With Ate by his side come hot from hell. Shall in these confines with a Monarchs voice." Gerards voice cuts out, the static taking over again before he continued. "Do you know the rest Scott? Do you know your Shakespeare?"

Derek lets out a breath before nodding in Scotts direction, the boy subsequently bringing the mic to his mouth. "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war."

"War, indeed. Welcome back, Derek. You must all be feeling rather nostalgic. Are you pleased with the little family reunion I've gathered around you, Scott?"

"Yeah, well, why don't you come join us and I can thank you in person?" Scott suggests, his tone threatening.

"I even have a few visitors for you, from London."

Venus could feel Lydias body grow tense at the statement, clearly having some idea of what's coming next.

"Even someone like Jackson Whittemore couldn't resist coming back to Beacon Hills." the old man laughs. "Say hello, Jackson."

The sizzling sound of electricity sounded through the radio followed by an agonised scream, clearly being Jacksons. Venus herself didn't know the boy personally but she obviously knew who he was and what he had turned into. Lydias body flinched, her head turning away from the radio in attempts to drown out the sound of the boy she once loved in pain. Stiles' hand subconsciously clamped tighter around Venus' as the horrifying sounds continued.