Chapter 19

[Outside Jungkook ward room]

• Yuju Pov •

I grip my hands. A nurse called me. She said that doctor Kim wanted to see me.

"The doctor wants to see me?"

"ermm, Can I know who you are to the patient?"

I was hesitant to tell the doctor about my status with Jungkook. 

"erm, I'm his wife."

"Oh ma'am, I don't know if I should  tell you about your husband."

My heart beats when Doctor Kim said that to me. 

"Why Doctor?"

"Madam's husband. There's a crack in his head. Probably because he was beaten."

I just remembered that Sunyoul hit Jungkook's head with a stick so hard that Jungkook's head was bleeding.

"Because of the that. It's possible that Husband  will get the Effect from it"

"What's the effect Doc?"

"Possibly. Your husband often gets a headache."

I felt like crying but I held back my tears from falling. I just nodded.

"So how do i do Doc?"

"You should always look at him. Don't give him stress. And don't give him too much to think."

I nodded a second time. I don't know what else to do with Jungkook. I entered Jungkook's ward and sat next to him.

"If it's not because of me. You'll not be here It's all my fault. Why am I so ego. Why am I so stupid."

I cried while holding his hand tightly. I cried regardless of my ego. I hugged Jungkook tightly. 

"I'm sorry for you, please be awake. I really sorry.  I love you. Please Jungkook."

****

"Unnie"

Yuju turned to look at Umji who entered. Yuju told Umji to come in.

"Be strong unnie.  I want to do something else unnie. Jungkook will be okay."

Umji tries to persuade Yuju. Yuju hugged Umji's waist tightly. Umji rubbed Yuju's hair.

"But Umji. it's all wrong."

"No, Unnie, it's not wrong, maybe this is all the repay for him. The repay he made to Unnie before. don't cry anymore."

Yuju wiped away the tears. And she let go of the hug.

"Umji have you eaten yet?"

"Dah, I bring food for unnie. Handicrafts for Jungkook too."
Umji gives gifts from home and food to Yuju.

Umji looked at her watch. 

"Unnie, I have to go now. Bye. Love you."

Umji ran out of the ward. Yuju only saw Umji disappear from her field. Yuju looked back at Jungkook who was lying on the bed.

****

"The crack in Mr. Jeon's head isn't very bad. So the crack will heal on its own. But Ma'am. Like I said before, don't stress him. It can cause Mr. Jeon's head a headache."

The words of the doctor that Yuju had heard were ringing in her brain and in her ears. Yuju lowered her head.

*****