The Really Bad Problem

Start from the beginning

Meet me at the end of Old Fell road ASAP. Make sure the others stay there, especially Damon, if they come it'll get to complicated. Something seriously bad is going on.

Okay, I'll be there in soon. I replied,.

 Old Fell road was a back road, on the outskirts of Mystic Falls and was surrounded by forrests.

It would probably take an hour to get there on foot, so looks like I'm going by car.

"Stefan, can I borrow your car?" I asked.

"What? Why?" he asked.

"Just getting some fresh air, you know, time to think," I lied. "And I find driving soothing."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Jeremy asked.

"No thanks, I just need some time to myself, but I'll be back later," I said, giving him a big smile. I turned to Stefan. "But I really need your car,"

"Are you sure you want to go out right now? Katherine's still out there," he said.

"Stefan, honestly, I'll be fine," I said.

"Okay, but be careful," he said.

"I will be," I said.

Stefan pulled his keys out of his pocket and threw them to me.

I caught them and headed for the door.

"I'll be back soon," I said.

I closed the door and looked up at the sky. It was cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain.

A cold breeze whipped my hair around my face and I got goosebumps. And that's when I realised I forgot to put shoes on.

Not wanting to make myself look like an idiot to the others, I walked around the house until I was standing underneath my window. I flexed my hands and I shot up in the air. My window was already open and I climbed through, careful so I didn't stretch any of my wounds.

I put on some knee high black flat suede boots over my skinnies, pulled on my leather jacket, and put on my black slouchy beanie, so I wouldn't freeze to death.

I jumped back out of my window and landed softly, trying not to put much impact on my legs.

I walked to the garage and walked in. Stefan's Nissan Skyline and Damon's Camaro where side by side, facing the garage door.

I saw something move in the reflection of the Nissans window. Damon was standing right behind me.

"Hi Damon."

I had gotten used to Damon appearing out of no where over the years.

I turned and faced him.

"What's up?" I asked.

"What are you really doing?" he asked, suspicion in his eyes.

"Going for a drive to get fresh air and have some time to think," I said, repeating the same lie I had told the others. I knew it was a lost cause though, Damon could almost always tell when I was lying.

"See, I don't believe you," he said. "So again, what are you really doing?"

I glared at him.

"None of your business," I said.

 "What are you hiding?" he asked.

"Nothing," I said. "I just have some things to do, and when I get back I'll tell everyone what's going on."

"Why can't you tell us now?" he asked.

"Because I don't know what's going on," I said, frustrated. "That's what I'm doing now."