Chapter 36

Grayson laughed at the drunk girl's antics. Most people just want to party while their drunk, meanwhile our shy friend wanted to clean the house.

"No" Nick was quick to take the garbage bag out of her hand. This elicited a pout to overtake Veronica's face as she stared up at him.

"But—" she couldn't get another word out before Nick interrupted her.

"You are not cleaning the house right now little one" he poked her nose causing her to scrunch it up. "I'll take care of it in the morning babe"

The pout was still present on her face causing Nick to smile and bring her in to kiss her forehead mumbling something along the lines of 'fucking adorable'.

Grayson and I still sat on the couch in both an awkward and comfortable silence if that makes sense. I glanced over watching as he played with a ring on his finger, a nervous habit perhaps?

I stood up extending my hand out to him. "Do you want to talk?"

His look was filled with confusion and hesitation. After a moment he nodded, following my lead and grabbing my hand lightly.

"We're going to head upstairs. We'll see you guys in the morning" I spoke for Grayson and I, getting the hint he wasn't in the mood to speak much to other people.

"Yeah alright. I'm sorry the night ended the way it did" Nick half-heartedly smiled. "Thank you" he spoke to Grayson. "For taking care of her."

Veronica walked up to Grayson wrapping in a tight hug. She mumbled a 'thank you' into his chest. She then pulled away and turned to face me.

"I'm sorry for making you angry today" she frowned. She then turned to both Grayson and Nick, "I'm sorry for the whole night. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me. I ruined what was supposed to be a fun night."

"Veronica—" I started.

"It's okay, I'll handle it" Nick interrupted. "You guys go upstairs. Get some rest."

I gave him a hesitant look but he focused his attention on Veronica throwing his arm around her and ruffling her hair whispering something like 'shut up loser'.

I'm sure he would reassure her later so I finally headed towards the stairs pulling Grayson along with me. We entered the room we slept in last time. It's kind of funny how we both just assumed we'll be sleeping in the same room, in the same bed. I walked over to the full-size mirror Nick had hanging on the back of his door.

"Jesus Christ" I pulled at one of the stupid pigtails on my head, "I look fucking ridiculous."

Grayson laughed lightly sitting down on the bed. His mood still seemed to be deflated.

"I can't believe we all got into a fight looking like the cast of a corny 1980s horror film" I ran my hands over my face where the makeup was already smeared. I was finally able to get a laugh out of Grayson causing me to turn towards him and smile.

I walked over to him and tried running my fingers through his hair. He looked up at me through his long eyelashes with a questionable but amused look on his face.

"Your hair has so much fucking gel in it" I proceeded to try and get my fingers unstuck from the knotty hardness. "You sir, need a shower."

He nodded in agreement, "Yeah after tonight that'll definitely be nice."

"Great! So I can get ready for bed while you're in there" I turned in excitement to finally change into comfy clothes. I screwed my eyes shut quickly and pursed my lips together. I let out a breathy laugh.