Chapter 16 "Water, CPR, and Fresh Air"

Mileidi: "Haaah, to think the first people to conquer my dungeon would be this crazy... Whatever, I give up. I'm sending this crazy quartet out of here! You better not come back!"

Just before Hajime could leap at her, a rope suddenly appeared from the ceiling, which Miledi promptly pulled.

—-

"Huh?"

Hajime looked up in confusion, but then he heard that same terrible noise he'd grown to hate.

Clunk!

"Wha—!?"

She'd activated another trap.

A second later, water started rushing into the room from all four walls. Because of the angle it came out at, the room they were in was soon a raging whirlpool of water. At the same time, the magic circle in the center of the room sunk, creating a neat little hole in the floor. The whirlpool started draining into it.

"Hey! You little—"

Hajime stiffened as he realized the humiliation they were about to be subjected to. A circular white room, a hole in its center, and water whirlpooling its way down said hole... Miledi had led them to a massive toilet.

"How about we let this water wash away our animosity too?"

Mini Miledi's mask winked at them.

Annoyed, Yue quickly tried to cast her usual flight spell. Mana in this room didn't get dispersed, possibly because the magic circle was in this room, which was why Yue could easily have lifted them all up despite her depleted mana reserves.

"Up—"

"Nope~"

Before she could finish, however, Miledi stuck out her hand and Hajime and the others felt an enormous weight press down on them. It felt like there was an invisible object trying to crush them. Miledi had increased the weight of the air pressing down on them.

"Bye bye~ Good luck with the other labyrinths!"

"Ugh... Damn you! We're not shit to be flushed down! I swear I'll come back and destroy you!"

"Urgh... I'll never forgive you."

"You're dead, you hear me!? Dead! Fugwaah!"

With those parting remarks, Hajime and the others were sucked down the

massive toilet bowl. Just before he vanished from sight, Hajime chucked something at Miledi in a last desperate act of revenge. Once Hajime and the others had disappeared, the water drained away as fast as it came, leaving the room looking the same as it had before.

"Haah, what a bunch. Still, to think he'd be a Synergist like O-chan... Fufu, it almost feels like fate. Keep struggling for the sake of your dream... Now then, looks like I'll be busy fixing the golems for quite some time... Hm? What's this?"

Miledi wiped nonexistent sweat off her artificial golem brow as she mused to herself. A second later, she noticed something strange at the corner of her sight. There was a knife stuck to the wall with a black object dangling from it. What on earth is that? As she got closer, she realized she recognized that shape.

"Huh!? Wait, isn't this—"

The black object was one of Hajime's hand grenades. Just before he'd disappeared down the drain, Y/n who early on had taken one of hajimes grenades had thrown it as his last act of revenge. Since Miledi has seen it so many times in the dungeon, She recognised what it was instantly. Panicking, she quickly tried to get away. However, manipulating gravity took up large amounts of mana, and Miledi had used all of it up in that last chase, which meant she had no means of softening the explosion.