Chapter Twenty-Four

*Asa's POV*

I walk down the hallway towards my hospital room. I put my hand to the doorknob and turn around to face the doctor. "You're not to say anything okay?" I ask the doctor. He nods. I turn back around and take a big breath. I'm ready, I tell myself. I open the door.

Natalie is sitting on the ground in front of the television. I join her. The doctor walks into the room with me. Instead of coming to sit like I did, the doctor goes and tends to the instruments. I glance over at him. He gives me a slight nod. I guess he knows what I am about to do.

"Hey Ender." Natalia says with her eyes glued to the T.V. "Would you like me to start from the beginning?"

"Nah I'm fine," I respond with my American accent. "Hey, pause it here though." Natalia pauses the movie and shoots me a strange look.

"Why?" she asks. The scene is of me and Harrison Ford sitting outside the Wiggin's house. "Did Doctor Beaver say that you have to leave tomorrow?"

"Kinda," I say, "I just have to leave soon." A look of relief passes over her face. " There's something else too." I get up and walk over to the television and stand in front of my face on the screen. I ask Natalia: "Who do you know that's famous?"

"No one really, why?"

"Hypothetically speaking, what would you think if I told you that I'm famous?"

A wide smile spreads across her face. "All the more reason to be crushi- I mean sharing a hospital room with you" is her responce to my question.

I scoot over to the left to reveal my face on the sceen. I stand there and watch as the truth hits her.