"Phi" I nudged him. He was almost slumping over my shoulders breathing heavy.

"Ah. Sorry" He mumbled.

----

Is it just me but seems so ...I can't just put my finger on it.

I patted my wet hair dry as I saw I eyed phi kong crashed on the sofa with his wet clothes and hair. He forgot his ritual?  Not only has he stopped nagging about cleanliness but is snuggled up in his outside or what is calls 'dirty clothes'. That too, WET! 

I giggled at the unfamiliar scene as tossed him a towel.

"Phi, the sofa is getting wet. And you will catch a cold." 

He groaned up pouting at me. He looked... I gulped.Why is he looking right into the eye? F#$k S*#T. I dashed towards my room quickly getting into the washroom, trying to calm down my heart. Has he pledged to kill me by today? Seriously!  I looked up to see my flushed face in the mirror.

 I breathed in again as I tried to shower it off with my not so decent thoughts along with the foam. Think straight Arthit, because that he literally might be. He has almost the whole college chasing behind him.

DON'T FALL. DON'T FALL. DON'T FALL. DON'T FREAKING FALL FOR HIM!

HE IS THE TYPICAL PRINCE CHARMING TYPE.

My brian chanted. Yet somewhere in the back of my mind, I registered the truth of me being in that tally. Yes 'that tally' of the lined up admirers he had. And on top of that is that he might even not be gay. To my knowlege he was always seen with girls and never had a boyfriend. Well, not that I know of. That's an added plus one for me.  But one thing I am sure of, I am dommed. I silently screamed in my palms hiding my face, as the water ran through.

---

Having my feeling and all that embarrassment shoved right inside. I walked across the living area, subtly avoiding his presence. Or for me avoiding any confrontation that will make my heart explode today. I aimed to get to the kitchen unnoticed and then back to my room. But before, I could. Phi Kong held my hand stopping from behind. I looked at him innocently as he was settled on the sofa with his now dry clothes. 

"Hey, What was wrong then, Are you alright?" He asked. His voice concerned. And that's all it took. Just a second. I was transported back to that moment. Being the barista I even couldn't tell the heavy sour taste today. That humiliation, some memories I want to forget so much and lost happiness. He has pledged to kill me today. I concluded.

I looked onto my feet avoiding his gaze. It was not pity.
Not sympathy.
Not curiosity.
But empathy! Just the right amount to have the flood gates open. He cared.

"You truly want to know?" I asked as I looked into his eyes with mine welled as his hands still held mine.

----

The rainwater tumbled across the long windows of the living room. As we sat floor leaning on the couch in the dimly firelit room in silence. I was registering myself to what exactly to say, next. Was he disappointed to know who I was in the past? But to open up to him was oddly comforting somehow. I looked at the floor while Phi Kong tapped furiously on the browser. I don't think he can find those Articles now. There was no way_

"Found it," he said as I looked at him in shock or maybe amazement. How did he? 

"So, you are telling me you are 'Krist Perawat' that child culinary prodigy?" He asked before I could ask 'How he managed to get those long ago erased articles?' 

"Not anymore," I said as my voice broke at the end. I took a deep esperated breath as I finally managed to look him in the eye. Unlike the usual disappointment, he looked at me with starry eyes.

I blinked again as he gave me a megawatt smile giving me his I pad. 

"Autograph, pleawsee." He pleaded, giving me the apple pencil. 'This was...different.'

 I chuckled, as I signed it. Taking a lingering look at what I signed 'Krist Perawat.'My former name. I handed him the I pad giving him a tight smile. 

We both breathed out as we looked at each other. There were no words needed to explain what happened to the child prodigy 'Krist Perawat'. The news articles must have said it. Tears brimmed up in my eyes as I remembered that time. I leaned my head back on the edge of the couch, closing my eyes. I can control. Or I thought so until Phi Kong swiftly drew me to a hug and I broke down.

It's been more than 12 years yet I could not...get over.I closed my eyes as that scene flashed across my head. I still clearly remember how I fled that day, that accident, my lost sense of smell.  Although it was partial, it had a lasting effect on my tastebuds. After all you can't taste well when you can't smell well.It was over. It was all over.  The  media was swarming across that 10 year old's devasraion. As if mocking my loss for the second time. My career was shattered,my dreams were held no values. But for the world I was a hot interview subject. I loved to cook. And now I... I sobbed on his shoulders, clutching into him as he patted me down.

"What Happened?." He asked patting my back. And I know what is he asking. All along people never bothered to know what was lied beneath the surface. I hugged him closer, engulfing myself in his warmth. 'He wanted to know  Krist's side of the story. My side.'

"You are 'Arthit' now. The sun shines through clouds right! Mhn." He said as he pulled to wipe my tears. His hands were warm. I leaned into the touch as I opened my eyes to look at him properly. He swept my bangs aside as he stroked down the ear reaching my neck. Our breaths lingered as we were closer than what was supposed to be safe distance. I gulped, being aware of my thunderous heartbeats that were to explode out of my ribcage.

The lightning flashed as I gasped schoked by the sudden sound, unexpectedly getting more closer. The seriousness of the conversation has faded to an unfathomable comfort. I was in his arms almost closing to his chest. I looked up at him. For a slipt second, he lost his balance as his sight fell to my lips. He gulped as he cleared his throat, finally creating a good distance as he leaned his head onto the couch.

I too looked away. 'God what was that?' My heart couldn't stop beating at miles per second. I was about to get up to leave, when I looked at Phi Kong frowning into discomfort as his breath seem to be laboured.

"Phi." I nudged him.

"Am I pushing you ?" He asked looking to my side. Oh god! Was it about this, all along. 

"Ah, No I trust. I mean I am comfortable with..__ I will tell," I said not being able to meet his intense gaze. I got up, going into my room. But then I looked back. 

He was frowning, not convinced at all. I facepalmed as realisation deemed upon me.

"I am not leaving. Just Getting the quits. I feel colder." I said giving him a genuine smile.

A/N - What is Arthit's untold unheard misinterpreted story?

Guys, it's not that well-edited and what do you think about the feels?Can you feel it. Comment down.

----

Dedicated To my editor, @Thegooodread

I can't reach you. Don't know where you are? Or what is wrong. But I am worried.  Regardless Take Care. Please reach out on discord or here.