I shrugged.

Alex smirked and turned into Scorpion once again.

"At least make it interesting!" She mocked, "–There is a reason not many are on my personal guard." She sauntered over to a weapon rack and tossed a short sword carelessly between us. "First blood." She finished without negotiation. 

Proximo's savage grin told me he had gotten just what he wanted–

The man ran for the sword.

I ran for him.

The moment his fingers brushed the handle my boot connected with his nose. He flew off his feet and landed back on his back with blood pouring from it. Alex barked a laugh and Proximo's expression morphed into one without emotion.

"You. You." He grabbed two more by the collar and thrust two more daggers into their hands. "A drop of her blood for the place of personal guard." He stated, throwing them forward.

I tucked my hands behind me with an innocent smile.

"You sure you don't want bigger weapons, Proximo?" I taunted, enjoying his expression darken.

Dex turned his laugh into a cough as they began circling me more carefully. They had been trained for this after all... Too bad it wouldn't matter.

They chose speed. Blades to high angles. I dipped low and chose a target. My body became quick and their muscle slowed them in this game of precision. I twisted behind another swipe and kicked him into the oncoming attack of the other man. He moved his blade in time to avoid something much more lethal. But it nicked his shoulder and the drop of blood made Proximo lose his patience.

He materialised before the remaining man and grabbed his neck before launching him off the fighting platform like a sack of flour.

I waited watching him.

"Proximo..." Alex warned, jumping up and pacing the edge of the platform like a cat waiting for the first twitch. He ignored her and kicked the remaining weapons off the mat.

"You think you can fight real experience?" He drawled, flexing his fingers and scanning my body. Not in the way a man would. In the way a mathematician rapidly calculates and solves problems.

I didn't cast Alex a look as I stepped up to him.

"What's got your panties in a twist today, Proximo." I stated almost bored.

My body was anything but. I was all adrenaline and no calm. I'd seen him move, I'd seen him fight and I'd seen what he was capable of. This wasn't something you won but only delayed. I knew all of this but to hell with not at least making him regret it for a few seconds.

He turned his tattoed head to the side.

"Dex!" He barked.

The blonde rushed to his side and cast a wary look between us.

"First blood and you are on the team." He spoke slowly, turning to my surprised face. "You didn't really think you were ready to fight me did you Makay–"

"No, but I sure as shit will." Alex interrupted, coming to my side and levelling him with a calm amusement. "She won't be able to step in for you this time..."

It hit the nerve she was looking to hit. Whatever had sent him into this anger today only worsened as he levelled her with a glare that promised there would be more than one drop of blood. I faced Dex and he faced me. We were but unsure opponents to the rage of the lethal titans beside us.

Proximo snapped his knuckles against each other and met Alex's calm face.

"Prepared to see why I train your agents?"