She's Mine: Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

Suddenly, the two had the mind to turn their heads and found Eliza observing the two with a blank stare and lips curled in. She opened her mouth to question, but instead, she pressed her fingers over her lips and turned to Lulu who was in her arms. Laughter filled the apartment once again and any nervous air disappeared with ease. 

Troy strolled out of the kitchen and took a look at his date. Eliza chose to keep her look simple, as she typically does. Yet, the simple cotton dress in lavender was showing a voluptuous figure that Eliza underrated since Lulu's birth. She held Lulu closer and smiled at Troy. 

There were a million things to say to the gorgeous image of mother and child, but Troy Daniels felt it was better to hold his tongue. 

Emmy lifted Lulu's little fist and helped her wave by to her mother and Troy. After the door was closed, Eliza immediately asked, "Were you really nervous?" 

"Still am," he admitted with red cheeks and a tilt of the head. 

"But we've sat down at tables together before, Troy," Eliza snickered. 

"Those weren't dates,"  he pouted. 

Her expression fell, "Wait... and you think this is a date?" 

Troy took in a deep breath and was mortified. The taxi ride to the bistro was quieter than Eliza had hoped. She couldn't tell if Troy was upset with her, with him keeping his head turned away and toward the window. Whether he was upset or not, his manners were still in tact, opening her door and pulling out her chair at the table.

"Troy," she murmured.

"Hmm?" he grunted, while affixing his napkin. 

His eyes were still far from her and she covered her mouth to quietly laugh. Troy's eyes were on her and staring in confusion. 

"I was just kidding with you, T," she snickered. "Of course this is a date." 

He exhaled and wagged a finger at her, "Oh, Liza... I thought you were serious." 

"Mmm mmm. No way. Not after what's happened lately," she admitted, staring at and playing with her cup of water. 

There was a big smile on his face, but he shook his fist at Eliza. The waiter came to their table and they ordered a collection of food from the brunch menu. 

Once the waiter left, Troy leaned forward and began, "Can I tell ya somethin'?" 

She nodded and swallowed hard. The look on his face was disconcerting, so it was natural for hers to suddenly match his. 

"You're so beautiful," he answered with a warm expression. 

Eliza smiled and turned her head down to hide her blush. 

"And that smile," he added. "Girl, you know I love that even more."

"You're not real," Eliza giggled with her hands near her cheeks. 

"Oh... I'm here, Liza," he sweetly corrected. 

She was greatly overwhelmed but put her hand over his on the table instead of turning away. Troy didn't waste a second intertwining his fingers with hers. Eliza looked at their union and weakly smiled. His thumb sweetly brushing over her skin was softening her. The feelings were strong, and so were the urges to act on them. Yet, Eliza was afraid to give into them; she didn't want to mess anything up.