Chapter 8 - The World of Time

En başından başla

It was evening, and it was time for us to head back to our accomondations.

I asked everyone to go on ahead without me as I forgot to buy something from the stationery store.

"Well, alright. Be quick, we'll wait for you by the bus stop," said Zeka who was leaving with the others.

I went inside the store and bought the rose hair clip that Natsume was looking at. I asked the store owner to package it like a gift.

I wanted to give it to Natsume's sister if I ever have the chance to meet her, and tell her that her brother was thinking of her and misses her deepily.

I then left the store and quickly ran my way towards the bus stop. However on my way, a mysterious woman wearing a hat and some sunglasses accidentally bumped into me.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry. It was my mistake since I didn't watch where I was going," The woman quickly lifted me up from the ground.

"Are you okay?" The woman looked into my eyes.

For some reasons, this woman felt so familiar. But as I was listening to her voice and my eyes were making contact with hers, I felt dizzy. My head was also pounding so hard that it hurts.

My vision was getting very blurry, I could not properly see the woman's face neither as she was wearing a face mask. I realized I was slowly passing out from feeling so tired.

"I'll take you home with me when the time comes, my dear Sumi," the mysterious woman whispered into my ears

Moments went by, I was on the ground unable to move a single inch as if I were incapicitated.

"Akayuki-san!" I heard a loud voice.

The last thing I saw was Ruka-pyon running towards me before my eyes closed on me.

Narumi's POV

"Oh Nodacchi, you're back," I said as he suddenly appeared right besides me while I was taking a breather outside the school premise.

"Oh, I'm back to the present..." said Nodacchi. His face was very pale as if he had just seen a ghost.

"Is something wrong? Your face doesn't look good," I asked with a worried expression.

"The World of Time, it's a complete mess in there," said Nodacchi.

The World of Time is a world with portals that leads to many other timelines that is also multiuniverse. Not just the past, present or future.

Yes, that's right. That world is full of timeslines that don't only belong to this universe, but to other universes as well. It is a world that is full of possibilities, or rather different outcomes of an incident or an important event.

At least that is what Nodacchi told me, but not even Nodacchi doesn't know how many universes exist in this very dimension.

"What do you mean?" I asked with concern.

"Come with me, it's easier for me to explain if I showed you what the World of Time looks like," said Nodacchi.

I followed after him into a portal that he created. What was behind the portal shocked me.

"What in the world?" I gasped.

The doors, or rather, some of the portals were blocked off.

"Those doors with a sealed sign that you see, are all of the possible outcomes in our dimension," Nodacchi explained.

It wasn't just the sealed doors, there were also broken doors.

Nodacchi explained the difference between the doors. If it was a sealed one, it would mean that he wouldn't be able to explore that timeline. However, it the door was broken, it would mean that the timeline no longer existed.

"Say Nodacchi..." I turned to the very perculiar door that has caught my attention.

"What does it mean if a door is sealed, but also broken at the same time?" I asked with feelings of uneasiness.

"It means that not only that timeline no longer existed, and that I won't be able to explore it," Nodacchi paused for a few seconds before continuing.

"It would also indicate that someone has infiltrated our dimension, or rather, the World of Time,"

An infiltrator? That doesn't sound like good news to me.

"There's something you have to know regarding that woman, Narumi," Nodacchi grabbed hold of my shoulders.

He explains he went back to the past where he saw that woman holding a baby in her arm. The woman looked up to him and smiled, then everything around him suddenly buzzes, turning completely black. He was then kicked out of that timeline, and said that the timeline of the past is broken.

"The timeline is broken? What does that mean?" I asked with a bad feeling about this.

"That woman I saw isn't her, it was someone else. She must be the infiltrator," said Nodacchi.

A/N: Just to clear the confusion, Nodacchi is talking about Azumi Yuka, but who he saw wasn't Yuka, it was the infiltrator.

"If a timeline is broken, then something terrible will happen in the future, a huge disaster," said Nodacchi.

"You've gotta be kidding me," I was taken back by what I just heard.

A huge disaster is going to happen in the future? It's really hard to believe what Nodacchi is saying but with what I'm seeing right in front of my eyes, it's impossible to convince me that he's just making up things.

"The question is, what exactly did the infiltrator do to make the World of Time suffer such consenquences?" said Nodacchi.

I was dumbfounded.

"You know, Time told me something interesting," I suddenly recalled what Nodacchi said to me after we left the World of Time.

Time is what Nodacchi calls as the person in charge of that world, or basically the ruler/protector of the World of Time.

He explained that Time said only the absolute has the power to control fate itself. I think what Time was trying to say is that if we wanted to prevent or stop the disaster from occuring, it is up to the absolute.

But what exactly is the absolute?