Chapter 17 - The Last Dance

Day seven

Suminako's POV

Night came as I put on my outfit for the Last Dance.

During the closing ceremony, I was crowned as the Queen of Alice since a lot of people have nominated and voted for me. I was rather surprised that my own popularity got me awarded with one of the most honorable awards of the Alice Festival.

Ever since what happened yesterday, I was hoping that I get to have a chance to dance with Taka-kun. Just the thoughts of us becoming soulmates gets me excited and nervous

Hotaru was awarded with the Rookie Award. I was proud for her although I don't think it's fair that I got the Queen of Alice award just because of my popularity.

I am happy that I got a lot of money and even a big trophy, but maybe I find it hard to embrace such a large achievement. This semester is coming to its end, so it's almost time for Winter.

I still remember the first time I came to this academy, it was a beautiful spring season that I could never forget.

I didn't know what to do when I got to the place where the Last Dance was held. Most of them already had a partner with them, and I could see Misaki-nee dancing with Tsubasa-nii.

We've decided to call each other brother and sisters since we all agreed we're like family right now.

"I'm pretty sure Misaki-nee is going to marry Tsubasa-nii one day," I mumbled to myself.

"Um Sumi-chan, would you like to dance?" it was Hayate-senpai.

"And no, I meant a friendly dance," He reasurred me, which I agreed to the friendly dance.

However, I wasn't comfortable when the others began to stare at us during our 'friendly dance'. People were assuming that I'm going out with Hayate-senpai, and all I thought of was I wanted to leave this place.

Hayate-senpai noticed how uncomfortable I was feeling and gave me something cute as an apology gift, and he said he hopes that we could still be friends.

I looked and walked around the area once more, and just as I thought. He wasn't here.

"Hey Sumi, congrats on being the Queen of Alice for this night," it was Zeka, she approached me with Natsume. I saw them dancing with each other awhile ago.

For some reasons, Natsume was avoiding any eye contact with me.

What's with him? I just wanted to congratulate him since he got Zeka! They might as well become soulmates after the dance.

"I hate this place, I don't know why I even bothered coming here without a partner," I said to Zeka.

"Wait, you mean you don't have a dance partner? You came alone?" said Zeka as she raises an eyebrow.

"Y-ES! If I knew this is the kind of place the 'Last Dance' is going to be like, I wouldn't have bothered coming! I rather stay at my room playing Residence Evil," I sighed.

"Well, you could leave now if you wanted to, but you'd be missing out. I'll go grab some food with my Natsume over here, ta ta~" Zeka waved her goodbyes and dragged Natsume with her.

I sighed once again, turning around whilst bumping into someone.

"A-Akayuki-san," Ruka-pyon held onto my shoulders since I almost fell to the ground.

"A-Ah, Ruka-pyon, gomen!" I was rather embarrassed, it felt like he was always saving me from some trouble.

"N-No it's alright," He said.