Nostalgia

Jules called me in work the next day, apparently one of the staff had come down with the flu

Jules called me in work the next day, apparently one of the staff had come down with the flu. Excuses.

"Hey honey!" She smiled as I burst through the door, my clothes soaked from the rainy morning.

I huffed a little, feeling betrayed by the weather. "Morning, it's raining."

Jules took my coat from me before handing me a warm coffee, "indeed it is love. I appreciate you coming in."

"Ah, don't mention it!" I quickly turned the heating up, we were definitely on our way to winter.

"I'm serious, I don't know what I'd do without you." Jules rolled her eyes, clearly suspicious of the sick staff too.

"You'll never have to!"

Suddenly the cafe door opened and in walked my favourite elder, "Tom!"

"Hello love! It's so good to see you." He wrapped his arms around me and I melted in his embrace, taking in his familiar warm woody scent.

"I've missed you so much." I said quietly as we pulled away after a minute or so.

Tom smiled down at me, "oh darlin', I've missed you too!"

My heart felt warm and fuzzy even though my body was still frozen, seeing Tom always cheered me up. The old man limped his way over to his usual table whilst I prepared his order. Those damn knees.

"How have you been?" I took a seat opposite him, Jules never minded when it came to Tom, in fact she's always been in favour of me sitting with him for ten minutes or so during shift.

"I've been ok cherub, the weathers kept me inside but I've been baking to keep me occupied. You should come over and pinch some brownies." He cheered, I couldn't help but admire his cuteness. "I definitely will."

Tom took a quick sip of his caffeine, letting out an ahh in delight, "what have you been up to love?"

"Hmm, Billie and I went bowing. That was fun. We went to Rias house too..." I paused to let out a gasp, "I haven't told you have I..." I rambled on, telling him all about her modelling contract.

"Oh, we'll that's amazing! She must be so made up." Tom and Ria had met many times, and although they weren't that close, they cared about each other deeply.

"Yeah, she is... I'm so proud of her." I smiled through the gut wrenching pain I felt in my chest.

Tom softened his voice, "oh darling! You two will be just fine. You've been best of friends since forever."

I quickly composed myself, "I am happy for her, at least I think I am."

"I know what you mean Reese, I remember when Grey decided to stay down south. It broke my heart." Tom leant over the table to grab my hand.