Ling Li stared at her lightly: "His Royal Highness treats me..."

Ling Li always knew that Ming Zhan had some feelings for him, at least he did back then.

——Ling Li had actually known him for a month before paying off Liu Yue's gambling debt to accompany Ming Zhan. When he told this to Su Jingyang, he deliberately blurred this passage of the past that he didn't want to mention.

At that time, Ming Zhan was completely ruined because of poisoning. He travelled to Rongcheng to obtain a solution, because he needed to be closer to Wuqun Mountain to have a better effect, he lived in the town for treatment.

Ming Zhan was only seventeen or eighteen years old, because his father was partial, his second brother was arrogant, his face was ruined and turned ugly. As the first Prince of the dynasty, the honour of the East Palace, he could wrap his face in gauze and stay in the house. He couldn't come out and his heart was full of hatred, his temper became more and more violent, and his body was full of frightening hostility. The things in his room had to be renewed every day because it wasn't rare for him to drop something to vent his anger, even the door of his room was replaced several times.

At that time, Liu Yue was still alive. Apart from occasional gossip, Ling Li hadn't reached the point where he would be scolded whenever he went out later. He worked as a helper in the kitchen of the largest restaurant in the town. Because of his good cooking skills, when several chefs were too busy, he'll temporarily serve for them and fry some dishes. Unexpectedly, the dish he cooked was delivered to Ming Zhan's table by accident. Ming Zhan rarely didn't break the bowl that day, he singled out the dish and ate two more mouthfuls.

Ming Zhan's guard, Qin Yu, secretly remembered it. He finally found Ling Li and took him to the house, where he was responsible for taking care of Ming Zhan's diet and daily life.

When Ling Li first went there, he was frightened by Ming Zhan. His face was covered with only a pair of beautiful but gloomy eyes showing. He had a weird and violent temper. Just because he accidentally glanced at him when he was serving the food, he almost got caught and split with a sword. Although Ling Li escaped in embarrassment, a long section of his hair was still cut off.

Ling Li was afraid that he was going to die, hiding in the corner of the kitchen and not daring to get out. After that, he bowed his head all the way when delivering food to Ming Zhan and ran after delivery. Sometimes when he meets him in the yard while coming out to breathe, he'll immediately turn around and leave.

Seeing him hiding like a frightened rabbit, Ming Zhan became more upset, treating him as not pleasing to his eyes, so with maliciousness in his heart, he forced him to be an arrow target for more than half a month.

Probably it was the nervous blushing appearance and the apple on Ling Li's head that pleased him, or the fact his face had begun to recover a little bit, but Ming Zhan's mood gradually became more open. He often used language to tease Ling Li, making jokes about his courage.

Ling Li dared not say anything, but he received the month's wages, and the house was full of guards. He couldn't run even if he wanted to, he could only grit his teeth and endure it.

Finally, one day when Ming Zhan was practising his arrows, Ling Li suddenly fainted because of the cold, his body couldn't support itself. When he woke up, Ling Li found that Ming Zhan had fallen asleep by his bed, holding his hand tightly. Ling Li didn't understand why Ming Zhan didn't play with him anymore since then, and he was no longer always so gloomy as when he saw him. His temper was reduced and his smiles increased. It's just that his face with only eyes exposed would always follow him, yelling Ah-Li, Ah-Li, his attitude was a bit intimate.