"Everything okay sexy?" Adore said getting closer to Katya

"My dad, he said to keep distance from Barbie doll because she's gay" She didn't even wanna say the word "and he also said he would be ashamed to have a daughter like that"

"Fuck, I'm sorry Kat, he's an idiot, you'll be in a big city when you grow up working in your dream job and away from him, from all his homophobia, you'll be free" Katya's mood already got better, it's true, she will be away from all of this, and she'll be happy. "And hey, I see how you look at her, if you wanna talk to her go talk to her, what is he gonna do put cameras in your eyes? he's just trying to scare you, don't let him win Kat."

"Thank you Adore" She hugged her friend tightly and proceeded to go get a drink.

There was a lot to choose from, Katya got excited but she decided something simple, vodka with orange and strawberry juice, she was looking for the ice, and when she reached out to grab it her hand hit a stranger's hand.

"Shit sorry-"Katya stared at her, checked her out, up and down.

She was wearing a pink sequence short dress, white pumps, eyeliner, and mauve lip as always, but this time she had glitter on her cheekbones and inner eye corner, her blond hair was curled, she looked breathtaking. The barbie seemed to be doing the same, looking at Katya's red tank top and red lips, going back and forth.

"I like your makeup," The blond one said, this was the first time she heard her voice.

"Thank you, I'm Katya" Katya held out a hand, The blond girl chuckled

"What is this a business meeting? I'm Trixie, but for business Trixie Mattel" She said taking Katya's hand anyway.

"Oh, Im Yekaterina Petrovna Zamolodchikova for business" Trixie's face was priceless

"Zamo what?"

"You'll get it eventually"

"You think so?"

"Of course you will Barbie doll" The nickname slipped from Katya's tongue. "everyone struggled at the beginning"

"Okay Russian doll I guess I'll get it eventually" she winked

"Did you come with someone?"

"Yeah, my friend Kim, but she's already drunk making out with a guy who she will probably call her future husband tomorrow"

"do you think no one met their husband making out drunk in a high school party?"

"I don't know, haven't tried getting a husband yet, have you?" Katya laughed at her comment

"Not with men" Katya answered, she saw Trixie hide a smirk, she liked that Trixie was happy to know she isn't straight. "Anyways, wanna go with my friends? Violet, Adore and Bob, the hottest ones"

"Yeah, why not" Katya grabbed Trixie's wrist and pulled her through the crowd that formed because of the music playing.

"When did it get so fucking crowded," Said Katya as she struggled to get out of the crowd, she felt Trixie's wrist slip because of how many people were there, so she grabbed her tougher and closer, she heard Trixie gasp "Don't worry I won't kidnap you"

"Why not tho" Trixie said in a bratty tone and Katya burst out laughing.

"Fuck this, let's just go inside and chat" Katya proposed and Trixie followed her inside.

"This is so different from my hometown," Trixie said while looking at people dance

"what's your hometown?"

"Wisconsin, deep in the country like an hour away from the closest McDonalds"

"so what was it like, jeans and gingham?" The comment made Trixie laugh because it was true

"you're right, I also remember going in the woods to play with kids who dressed like they were in the actual 1800s, long skirt and shit like that in summer bitch"

"It sounds fun tho, I grew up here never went on a trip or anything so all I know is this"

"well it's a pretty fun place to be the only one you know, with parties and stuff"

"Yeah..." Katya zoned out looking at her friends dance.

"Wanna dance?" Trixie asked

Katya's palms and back started immediately sweating, she took the last sip of her drink, and fixed her skirt, when she looked back to Trixie she was with her hand out waiting for Katya to take it with a slight smile on her lips, Katya stared at her up and down again, staring at her shiny skin tight dress.

"Katya?"

"Yes, let's dance"

They both stood up from the white couch and head to the crowd of people. Trixie took the lead by taking both of Katya's hands and making the space between them bigger. Katya stared at her and let a chuckle out. Katya knew her dancing was good, shit she went to a dance studio but dancing with Trixie made her look like a baby who's learning to walk. Katya made Trixie do a twirl while holding hands over Trixie's head, they both laughed and started to do the dance moves with more fluidity. Katya felt light and fun, she was in the moment, she let one of her hands go and told Trixie to wrap. Trixie laughed and did as told and when she was wrapped by Katya's body she took Katya's other hand, wrapping herself completely into Kat's body.

She didn't freak out probably because of the alcohol in her system. She could feel Katya's hips on her ass, Katya's chest pressed against her back, Katya's breath on the back of her neck, Katya's perfume filled her nose, everything around her was Katya. She threw her head back totally relaxed, with a smirk on her face.

"Dykes!"

She felt Katya's body get separated from hers as soon as the word was shouted.

"Fuck you! She's my friend!" She said trying to sound careless, Trixie could tell Katya was distressed by the word, she reached out to Katya, her hand on Katya's shoulder.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah" She took a fast, short breath "I just need to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back"

"Okay, tell me if you need anything" Katya walked away to the bathroom in a hurry.

Trixie understood Katya, she has been in her position before, trying to cover up the panic with a nervous laugh and shouting to defend herself from the horrible feeling of being exposed. At least some people got called gay but weren't gay, but when you know you're gay and terrified of anyone knowing it's the end of the world. She sat down on the couch Katya and her were sitting at earlier, she saw Katya's pack of cigarettes, Marlboro, if Trixie learned one thing from having a step-father who was a smoker was that a cig could calm them in seconds. Trixie grabbed one cigarette and Katya's lighter that was next to the Marlboro box. 

She walked to the bathroom, trying to not make a lot of noise with her shoes. She heard Katya's breath going fast, she wanted to burst in and help, but she knew she couldn't. 

"Katya?" The breathing became slower and Katya didn't answer

"I know you're there Katya"

"What," Katya's voice said softly, almost a whisper, a broken one. Trixie gulped quietly

"I thought this would help" Trixie slipped the cigarette and the lighter under the door.

"Yes, oh my god, thank you" She heard Katya lit the cigarette and instantly let out a relaxed heave.