TWENTY EIGHT

I headed to the library and searched through every shelf of the library. It took hours to go through every section but I found nothing. That was until I noticed I didn't look through the unsectioned cabinet. It was old and falling apart so not many people go through it but I decided to give it a go.

I opened the dusty cabinet and tried my best to read through the dust. I had almost reached the bottom of the pile of books when I noticed a dark red book labeled 'Slytherin Gifts'. I decided to grab it not expecting to find anything but I did not want to go to class so I sat down and read through the massive book. I never knew there were so many 'magical gifts' you could get just for being born Slytherin. After almost four hours I was nearly done reading the book. I hadn't found anything that had even the slightest thing in common with Iris and my gifts.

I turned to the last chapter of the book I was completely caught off guard at its title: Healers, Concealers, and Torturers

"No shit." I whispered under my breath in complete shock.

It was an extremely short chapter but it gave me the information I was looking for.

'Some had one of the gifts and others had all three. They were called 'The Enchanted Ones' They were very rare and considered demonic during the Salem Witch Trials and were killed. Healers could heal any wound with the touch of their hand. Concealers could make themselves invisible at any given point, and torturers could insert excruciating pain to anyone they desired. No documentation has shown that any generation made it out of the Salem Witch Trials alive.'

I knew I shouldn't have but I didn't care, I ripped the page out of the book, shoved it into my pocket and left the library. I knew Iris was in charms so I hurried over to tell her what I found.

When I got to Flitwick's class I opened the door and made sure it was the class she was actually in. I quickly spotted her and turned towards Flitwick. "Could I speak with Iris for a minute?"

"Quickly," he responded.

Once Iris got in the hall, I pulled the parchment out of my robes and handed it to her. "Read this."

After she read the parchment she handed it back to me and asked if she thought there were more of us at school. "Do you think there are other kids here that are like us?"

"I have no idea. It said our gift shouldn't even exist anymore and I don't really think we should go around school asking students if they can torture people at their own will." I chuckled.

"True," Iris replied with a smile.

"You should probably get to class before Flitwick gives us both detention."

As Iris walked back to class, I saw Draco rush down the hall towards me. "We need to talk."

"Okay?" I replied, confused about the concern look he had on his expression.

"He's hosting an event tomorrow night and we have to go."

"Who's he?"

"Voldemort, Ella."

"We can't, he'll kill you for not killing Dumbledore yet." I whispered.

"I have a plan on what to do but we need to get you a dress."

"I don't have money."

"I wasn't asking if you had money." Draco sighed in fear. "My mom is making us go to the manor tonight so she can take you dress shopping in the morning. And I know how much you hate the manor especially now but I don't really think you have a choice. If you don't show up, Voldemort will know and he'll kill you for being unloyal."