Ballroom Dancing (Chrono, Chrono Crusade)

In this, Chrono is a prince not a demon, but oh well.
On with the story.

♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡

"Y/N L/N, of South Hampton." The violins started up again as you stepped down into the ballroom. Your E/C eyes skimmed the crowd, taking in every mask and every note during their dance. Your eyes stopped on the young ladies bombarding a certain male; the prince. Each of them were pushing up the line and fluffing their hair for his attention.

Huffing, you stepped delicately towards a table set with appetisers. You had only come to this ball for the music, maybe some dancing, but definitely not to be a possible wife for the prince.
A smile graced your features as you spotted your favourite snack; pickled onions.

You were quite possibly the most different princess ever. You were the type of girl to eat when she wants, and not starve herself on a diet. You would happily accept deserts and an outdoor game of some sort, your favourite being a game originated in Australia called football. You ate food that actually tasted good, and not the plastic-tasting stuff girls eat because the packet says it has less carbs.

Reaching out an eager hand, you speared one of your favorite treats on a toothpick. A voice sounded behind you, nearly causing you to drop your toothpick.
"I've never seen a princess eat foods like that." You huffed, slightly irritated someone had interrupted you, and turned.

In front of you stood the prince, long hair in a braid down his back. You could easily tell he felt uncomfortable in the royal robes of his, reading other people's feelings being one of your talents.
"Let's just say I'm not like other princesses," you retorted, before quickly placing the onion in your mouth.

The prince smiled, "Well, Princess Not-Like-Other-Princesses, may I have this dance?" His hand stretched out for yours, patiently waiting for your response. You pursed your lips, and placed your toothpick on an empty plate. Placing your hand on his, a not-so-forced smile came upon you.
"I suppose you may."

And with that he swept you away, towards the middle of the glossy dance floor. The orchestra must have noticed the prince had found a dance partner, and struck up some regal notes. One step forward, two steps back; your dress brushed the ground occaisionly as the two of your moved gracefully. Out of the corner of your eye, you spotted the other princesses glaring at you with hatred. You couldn't but feel a little smug that he chose you.

As you continued dancing, the two of you gradually inched closer to each other; fingers entwined together, his hand tightened on your waist. The song slows and eventually the notes stop. The crowd politely claps the orchestra before returning to their conversations. You broke away from the prince and curtsied, mumbling, "Your highness."

"Please," his dark eyes sparkled with his smile. "Call me Chrono."

-/-/-6 Years Later-/-/-

"Leo! I'm open!"
"Oh no you don't!"

Chrono tackled your 5 year old son gently, swinging him around. Leo squealed and looked to you.
"Mum!" He laughed, quickly hand-balling the football to you. You grinned as you marked it, then running off towards the makeshift goals you had placed in the palace gardens.

Chrono released Leo and ran after you. Before he could reach you, however, you quickly let the ball fall to your foot, the ball sailing through the middle posts. Leo started yelling and jumping up and down as Chrono caught up to you.

He wrapped you in his arms. You could feel his chest rising up and down rapidly.
"I don't think that was quite fair," he puffed. "One experienced player and one kind of experienced player onto one kind of experienced player."
You laughed.

"Well, soon we can play two-on-two," you smiled, placing you hand over his, resting on your stomach.

♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡~♥ ♡

Hope you enjoyed!

~Chelsea~