"Ugh, it's like I'm talking to children. Do you think any of that nonsense holds water in the face of two thousand years of real history?"

"Excuse me?!", Jean joined in on the conversation again.

"Hey... Stop it", Hange raised her voice slightly. "No one wants to hear you bicker about things none of us saw two thousand years ago. Jean, Y/N, the General here is baffled by our existence. The existence of us strange devils who are so desperate to save the very people who tried to wipe this island clean that we're willing to throw heaven away". Jean turned around in frustration, and you tried to calm your heaving chest. "We lived in the outside world for a few months... We can't go back to being ignorant island devils."

A slight pause occurred, until Annie suddenly claimed the word.

"So... you can kill him now?"

You looked at her confused.

'Pardon?'

"What?", Armin asked, not sure he heard her correctly.

"Can you kill Eren?"

You just looked at her quietly.

"Killing Eren isn't the only way to stop him...", Mikasa finally said.

"Yeah, I thought you'd say that... Then what? Are you going to convince him? Is the kind of person who tries to commit mass murder really going to have a mind you can change that easily?", she asked you.

"We don't know. Not until we talk to Eren", Armin answered her.

"Okay... Then say you're able to speak with him. What are you going to do if he still doesn't decide to stop this genocide? Don't you think we should have a last resort in mind?". You remained silent, the thought of having to kill Eren yourselves hadn't even crossed your mind. "I thought so... If we try to protect our homeland of Marley by killing Eren, you're going to end up fighting us in order to protect him, aren't you?". She was now looking directly at Mikasa. "That's how it is right? Mikasa. Because I doubt you've ever considered something to be more important than Eren—"

"So you're saying I should die?", Mikasa retorted and grabbed the handles of her gear while taking a few firm steps towards her.

"Mikasa—"

Annie lifted her hand to reveal the ring Eren told you about years ago, threatening to cut herself on it.

"What—"

"Leonhart!—"

The atmosphere was tense as you eyed the two expectedly.

"I understand exactly how you feel. I... I only have one reason I want to stop Eren. I don't want my father in Marley to die. That's why I need your help. If you can convince Eren to stop, then fine. At the very least, we shouldn't fight until it comes down to that", Annie argued calmly. Mikasa looked at her for a good couple of seconds, before muttering a 'fine' and walking back to you.

"Alright! Stew's ready! Eat up!", Hange declared with an exaggerated positive attiude, eager and desperate to defuse the sudden tension.

As you ate your meal, the atmosphere was finally peaceful.

"It'll be five hours at full speed to the harbour, even with fully rested horses. We'll be relying on the Azumabito. According to Miss Kiyomi, there's a flying boat meant to observe the rumbling ready at the port. We can approach the Founding Titan using it", Hange explained your gameplan.

"I knew it... So the Azumabito were helping you behind the scenes...", Magath sighed.

"The problem is figuring out where the Founder is. We'll run out of fuel in no time if we just fly around aimlessly"