Your body trembles, disbelief and fear shaking you more than the frigid air and surrounding snow. Kang continues his explanation, eyes never leaving your face.

"I followed at a distance, never letting you get too far. I allowed you to reunite with your friends, allowed you to feel safe. All the while I was waiting for the opportune moment that would inevitably come. And it did. In your blissful ignorance, you stumbled right past a rather sizable crowd of beasts lurking in the forest. All it took to get their attention was a little noise."

With his free hand, he reaches into his pocket, brandishing a small, shiny object. The puzzle pieces start falling into place as you see it. The sound you had heard earlier, right before the attack...

A bell.

"Y-you lured them s-straight to us." You grit your teeth, hands clawing desperately at the heavy boot pressing in to your chest.

"Well aren't we clever?" He sneers, placing the bell back into his pocket. "Of course I did."

"W-why?" You barely manage to choke out, still struggling feebly.

His smile drops, eyes narrowing. Some cracks appear in the mask, revealing the consuming anger lurking there.

"You and your little friend destroyed my entire establishment, everything I had built. And for that, you must pay." He finally lifts his boot, allowing the air to come rushing back in to your lungs. You gasp, scrambling back, huddled on the ground. But Kang keeps his gun aimed directly at your head, a reminder that you can't move too far.

As you try to catch your breath, your mind races, going over his words, one piece still nagging at you.

"Why take me? Why not leave me with the others, if you were so confident the zombies would destroy us?"

He sighs, combing a hand through his long, jet black hair. "I will admit, I did not realize your group would be so adept at killing the creatures. I believed they would quickly and sufficiently destroy all of you." He says reluctantly. "While I was watching you all relentlessly combat the oncoming horde, a new, intriguing idea came to me. Why not make things a little more interesting? Why not have a little more fun with it?"

He pauses, watching your face, evidently waiting for you to guess his evil plan. Your eyebrows furrow in confusion. You don't speak, simply waiting for him to continue. He tuts, evidently disappointed by your silence.

"While you were thrashing about earlier, it seems to have slipped your mind that you are in fact injured. Did you not notice the trail of blood you left behind?" A smile creeps up his lips. He's playing games, dropping hints and waiting for you to solve the puzzle. He decides to give one final hint.

"Do you really think that you are my arch nemesis? That you are the one I truly wish to destroy?"

You turn your head slowly, looking at the scarlet drops dotting the white snow, leading directly to where you now kneel. As the last piece of Kang's puzzle clicks into place, your heart plummets.

"No...no no no.." Horror blooms in your chest as you shake your head.

"Yes!" Kang's smile widens, baring his perfect teeth. He laughs, delighted that you finally guessed his twisted game.

"To be clear, you must die as well. You played an integral part in the destruction of my empire, and you must also pay the price. However, you are not, as you thought, the prize. You, my dear, are merely a pawn. A pawn who will lead the real prize unwittingly to his demise. The true prize..."

He leans in closer, whispering, as though it were a delightful secret to be shared.

"...the boy with the grenade."

Jungkook.

"No, please. I'll do anything, just don't hurt him." You start to beg, tears welling in your eyes.

He tuts again, straightening and shaking his head lightly. "A somewhat beautiful display of emotion, but I'm afraid not. You see, he is the centerpiece of my destruction. He took everything from me. So now, I will repay him in kind. I will destroy everything that he holds dear."

He pauses for effect, savoring your terror.

"Starting with you."

A/N
Unedited.
Happy Saturday! I am sorry I missed last week's update. Life has been really crazy, and I have just not had the time or energy to write. Hopefully this makes up for it!
Anyone else think Kang is like a bad penny? They just cannot get rid of him. As always, please don't forget to vote! 💜
- m.

 As always, please don't forget to vote! 💜- m