28

Dear Diary,

everyone's heard of the saying 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer'. and i think it's a good quote when it comes to situations like competitions or drama at school...

Val groaned over the sound of her alarm. The ringing and ringing got louder and louder as she rolled over, trying to avoid her responsibilities. But alas, that's impossible in her case.

Ah, school. Her favorite part of living.

In her opinion, school shouldn't exist. But in some ways, it's a blessing. For example, that's how she met Ranboo. And frankly, that was the only reason she wanted to go to school. To see Ranboo.

But she would be seeing him way sooner as she thought as her eyes opened slightly.

She reached over, turning off her alarm as her eyes tried to adjust. Until she realized, she wasn't in her bedroom.

"Fuck!" She exclaimed, shooting up in her bed. But it wasn't her bed. It was Ranboo's. She accidentally fell asleep there.

Her heart stopped as she turned her head, seeing Ranboo fast asleep on the floor with a pillow under his head and a blanket over his tall body as well as cradled in his arms.

But Val was too panicked to admire how cute and peaceful he looked.

"Noah! Noah!" She whisper-shouted, trying to get him awake as she jumped out of bed and leaped over him to click on the light, "Get up!"

"Hm." He hummed in his half-asleep state while he pulled the blanket over his eyes to shield the light from coming in.

"You need to drive me home." She said urgently, "My dad's gonna murder me!"

And that's when Ranboo finally sat up, knowing damn well her dad could murder him too.

"Shit." He deadpanned before jumping up as fast as he could, which wasn't super fast considering his back ached from the hard floor, and grabbing his car keys from his desk.

Val didn't even have time to realize that he swore. I mean, like he said, sometimes it's necessary.

The two of them ran out of the house and to Ranboo's car where he immediately started it up. Usually, people would find it hard to drive as soon as you wake up but the thought of Val's dad punching his face in really woke him up.

He was just glad that his mom left early for work so she wouldn't see them sneaking out and think something else happened.

"Fuck." Val huffed, looking at her phone, "I have at least 25 missed calls from both of my parents."

"What are they gonna do?" Ranboo asked worriedly as his grip tightened on the steering wheel.

"No clue." Val bit her lip in fear. Her mom she wasn't too worried about but her dad...

When he was angry, let's just say it's not pretty. She just really hoped that things wouldn't get out of control like they used to.

It didn't take long for Ranboo to whip the car into Val's driveway.

Val instantly threw her seatbelt off and reached for the door handle before pausing.