19

Dear Diary,

i feel like i wanna slam my head against the wall. i feel like, for some reason, i am the root to all wreckage and all dumpster fires that seem to be erupting around me. and i know i'm writing this before school and i should be getting ready but i just can't help but think...

"Hey, you weren't at school yesterday."

Val took out one of her airpods, looking over to the side.

"Ava! You're here!" She exclaimed before pulling her friend into a hug.

Ava giggled, "Yeah. I was here yesterday too. But you weren't. Why?"

"Was sick." She vaguely replied, keeping her gaze forward as she walked down the hall.

"Really? Because I noticed that Noah wasn't here either."

Val made a weird face as she felt Ava eyeing her suspiciously. God dammit.

"Oh, didn't know that." She lied, "He must've been sick too or something. You know, it is flu season."

"Were you actually sick?" Ava glared at Val, knowing damn well she wasn't, "Or did you skip school to hang out with loverboy?"

Val scoffed, acting offended that Ava thought she was lying. And she was right. But that didn't mean it didn't hurt.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes, knowing that she couldn't keep secrets from Ava. She knew her too well, "I was actually sick but Noah came over to take care of me."

"I fucking knew it!" She exclaimed, slightly shoving Val, "So did-"

"Nothing happened." Val interrupted Ava, guessing exactly what she was wanting to know, "Because we're just friends. That's all."

Ava sighed before pointing in front of them, "Oh and speak of the devil."

Val looked up to see Ranboo approaching them. He turned around, glancing behind him before looking back at Val.

"Who-? Oh wait, am I the devil?" He asked.

"Yes you are." Ava answered, "We were just talking about how cute it was that you took care of her."

Val rolled her eyes. "No we weren't." She turned to Ava, giving her a nasty glare. "Ignore her." She told Ranboo.

"Were you really?" He gave Val a cheeky smirk before glancing at Ava.

"Yep." Ava nodded proudly even though she knew damn well that was not the case.

"Wow. Toby's gonna like this one." Ranboo raised his eyebrows slightly at Val, hoping she understood who he was talking about. She knew it was Tubbo.

"Toby?" Ava questioned, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

"His friend." Val replied quickly, "He goes to some prep school a few hours from here."

"Ew. Prep boys scare me."

Ranboo and Val both collectively chuckled. "He's different." Val assured her.