20

Dear Diary,

dumpster fires. i cause them, you cause them, we all cause them. but sometimes they're good. they aren't always bad...

"Noah...? Noah? Noah!"

Shaking his head, Ranboo's eyes shot up to see Val and Ava standing in the doorway with their bags hung over their shoulders.

"What? Sorry." He quickly apologized for his lack of responses.

God dammit, I zoned out again.

"The bell rang." Val told him softly, being understanding of his state of mind... whatever state that was. "Lets go." She cocked her head towards the door.

Ranboo rubbed his forehead out of stress as he stood up from his seat, swinging his bag over his arm.

He followed the girls out the door and down the hallway. The amount of people in the hall seemed to overwhelm him but he tried his best to hide it.

He didn't know what was going on with him today. Why was his brain so muffled? But most importantly, why did he keep thinking about Val?

Was he afraid to leave her?

No. No, he couldn't be. They were still planning on calling and texting a ton when he was away.

Did he feel guilty for leaving her?

Maybe. That could maybe be it.

But he had no choice. It was between going to school and hanging out with her or going to a new country for four months to live with his best friend. It was a no-brainer.

But, still...

"Do you guys wanna skip more classes?" Val asked her two friends, "I really don't wanna go to health class."

"Why not? I thought you liked health." Ava stammered, confused as to why she was wanting to skip so much.

"I like the class. Hate the subject." She groaned in response, "I'm cool with everyone but I hate talking about sex for an hour straight."

"Oh, that's just a regular conversation with Toby." Ranboo piped in. Val instantly cackled, knowing damn well that was true.

"Yeah, I bet." She said throughout her laughter, "But can we pleaseeee skip?"

Ranboo glared down at Val as her eyes flickered between the two with an innocent look, acting as if that would convince them.

"You guys can have a blast but I need to be in chemistry." Ava denied the offer, but it was mostly because she didn't feel like getting caught.

Her family life was already horrible and adding a suspension on top of it was not going to help in the slightest.

"Ugh, fine." Val playfully rolled her eyes as she watched Ava push past her and start walking in the other direction. "Goodbye!" She shouted after her, sarcasm in her tone.

Without turning back around, Ava saluted her and continued her journey.

Val's head turned back around with a mischievous smile, causing Ranboo to raise a brow at her before shaking his head profusely.