17

TW: vomiting

Dear Diary,

while living this shitty thing called life, you always have to expect the unexpected. this hell on earth loves to throw curveballs at you...

Tuesday. Day before game day.

For a solid moment, Val forgot about volleyball. She forgot about how important it was to her.

Maybe it was because Ranboo was a distraction.

No.

It was definitely because Ranboo was a distraction.

But did Val care? Absolutely not.

He was a good distraction. The type of distraction that was worth being distracted for.

Val shot up in her bed to the sound of her alarm ringing. Her chest heaved rapidly as she tried to catch her breath. A nightmare.

A nightmare about Ranboo. She saw him. She came up to his doorstep. He opened the door. She begged for forgiveness. But for what, you may ask? She didn't even know. He rejected her, closing the door in her face. Then she fell.

Fell backwards into the void, darkness surrounding her. It felt like she had been falling forever before she had awoken. Like she was falling for eternity.

What did the dream mean? Who's to know. But all she hoped was that it wasn't foreshadowing anything.

As she stood up from her bed, she ran a hand through her hair before having to catch herself on her nightstand. She almost fell. She was dizzy.

And then she quickly realized that her head was pounding. It felt as if someone was inside her trying to punch their way through.

She allowed herself to slowly fall onto her floor, knowing well that she wouldn't be able to pick herself back up. Letting her head slam on the ground, she stared at the ceiling.

The room around her spun like a carousel as she wondered what caused this. She was perfectly fine last night. Was it the nightmare? All she knew was, there was no damn way she was going to school.

Shortly after, her door swung open beside her. She was too dazed to see who it was but she knew it was her mother by her voice.

"Holy shit, baby, are you okay?" She exclaimed, rushing to her side.

"I don't know." Val croaked, "The room is spinning."

"Okay, okay sweetie." Her mom's voice was soft and understanding, "Here, let me help you back on the bed."

Val felt her mother grab her hand and help her sit up. Val's stomach churned as she tried putting in effort in helping her mom pick her up.

"Easy, easy." Her mom muttered as she eased her down on the bed, "What happened?"

"I tried to stand up but got dizzy and collapsed." Val replied quietly, "I don't know why. I was fine last night."