22

Dear Diary,

i can never fathom why ranboo is so nice to me...

"I've gained over 10k followers." Val remarked as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder, following Ranboo out of the library, "It's been an hour!"

"Never underestimate them." Ranboo replied with a slight chuckled, "I gained millions in under a year."

"Well that's because you're you." Val scoffed at Ranboo, speeding up her pace to be able to catch up with him as they walked down the hall, "And I'm me."

"And what does that mean?" He raised a brow at her.

"It means that you're funny. And nice. And you stream everyday. Now me, I can never decide if I want to snort a line or jump off a building. Or both!"

"The TommyInnit fan base will love you." He chuckled in response.

"Of course you would say that." Val rolled her eyes, bursting through the school doors, "So are we going to my house? I've been wanting to set up that PC for awhile."

"Is this just going to become a daily thing now?" Ranboo asked.

Val looked up at him, furrowing her eyebrows with confusion, "What?"

"Us going over to each other's houses everyday." His gaze continued to stay forward.

"Oh. Well I mean, if you don't want it to be, it doesn't have to be. You don't have to come over. I can just walk-"

"Wait-" Ranboo came to a harsh stop, looking down on Val. She stopped next to him, "Is that the message that I conveyed? Because I totally didn't mean it like that. I-... I like hanging out with you. I'm happy it's becoming an everyday thing."

"Oh." Val said once again, this time with a way happier tone. She continued her walk with Ranboo following close behind, "Yeah. That's what I thought you meant. I totally did not think you were just shutting me down."

"Yeah, okay." He scoffed, "But, to answer your question, yes. We can go to your house."

"Sounds good to me." She beamed as she felt a sense of relief. The inseparable duo walked their way over to Ranboo's car and hopped in.

They both threw their bags in the backseat and Val instantly tugged at the aux chord that Ranboo was sitting on, as she usually does.

Ranboo sighed, already knowing Val too well. It was very rare where she played music that she actually liked. It was almost always meme songs. She thought it was hilarious but Ranboo would always just shake his head in disapproval.

But this time, it turned out to be songs she actually liked. As well as songs that Ranboo liked. It didn't take them long to realize they had very similar taste in music.

The whole two minute drive to Val's house consisted on screaming the lyrics to Cabinet Man.

"Is someone home?" Ranboo asked as they pulled into the driveway. He noticed another car and quickly turned down the music.

"My mom." Val sighed, "I sorta forgot that she was gonna be home but it'll be fine."

Ranboo's lips thinned. It was obvious he was nervous.